THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    WTB: Ruger NM BLACKHAWK 30 carbine cylinder.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: Ruger NM BLACKHAWK 30 carbine cylinder.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for a new model, Ruger, Blackhawk 30 carbine cylinder in good condition. No rust pits or deep scratches in the outside finish please. It will be used to re-chamber to a larger caliber, so the inside finish of the chambers does not matter.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Matt
What cartridge are you going to rebore it to?

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
Matt
What cartridge are you going to rebore it to?

You have a PM.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Borchardt Rifles. Al Story makes Ruger cylinders.

(You can't fix stupid)
Falls of Rough Ky University
Our victory cry is FORK U!

Posts: 217 | Location: Falls of Rough, KY | Registered: 29 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roughone:
Try Borchardt Rifles. Al Story makes Ruger cylinders.

Based on the one Al Story cylinder that I’ve seen (mid-frame 44-40) the quality of his cylinders is not the best. However, that was just a sample of one. If I can’t find a 30 carbine cylinder, I may have to resort to ordering something from Al Story. Thank you for the suggestion.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Matt is that cylinder available from Ruger or do they require it to be fitted?

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
Matt is that cylinder available from Ruger or do they require it to be fitted?

I believe that one would have to have a gun originally chambered in 30 carbine that needed a replacement cylinder in order to get a new cylinder from Ruger, and they would certainly want to fit it for you.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Matt have you considered trying to find one on the Ruger forums?

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
You might try Gary Reeder. I have bought a couple of 45 colt barrels and cylinders from him over the years.

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildcatter:
You might try Gary Reeder. I have bought a couple of 45 colt barrels and cylinders from him over the years.

I bought a 45 colt barrel from them as well. 30 carbine cylinders seem to be highly coveted due to them being as long as NM 44 mag and 45 colt.

Matt
FISH!!