THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    25 yr old X grade Fancy Turkish Walnut 1pc rifle stock blank FS

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25 yr old X grade Fancy Turkish Walnut 1pc rifle stock blank FS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a beautiful and nearly perfectly laid laid out One piece stock blank of Turkish walnut. This wood was purchased by a good friend 25 years ago at the Reinhart Fajen liquidation auction in 1998. I bought several of those blanks from as he bought nearly a full pallet of wood there. I believe this is some wood that the Chiron company in New Hampshire sold Fajen in the mid 90's . Chiron was also the supplier that Ruger used for the Circassian walnut used in the m77 Express models etc in the 1990s.

The Blank is all heartwood- no sapwood ,large knots or bark pockets. Only two tiny pin knots on the left side that will most likely totally machine out. Perfect grain flow through the entire blank with smoky color streaking throughout . The blank is 2.25" thick x 37" long by 6.5 deep at the butt. This blank is plenty big enough for most Classic sporter stocks with a cheek piece.

My Price on this set is $195 shipped. USP Money order or PayPal as payment please.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deal pending on this one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very fair price on a nice stick. Glad someone took it, I was getting weaker and weaker.......

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that one or two stocks for sale? Im interested at that price for some wood.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Is that one or two stocks for sale? Im interested at that price for some wood.

Just one blank. One pic of each side without the window pattern on top and one photo each side with.

I might be listing another piece or two of Turkish in the next 30 days.