THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: 6.5x53R Reloading Dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all. I'm looking to buy new or used reloading dies for my George Gibbs rifle in 6.5x43R Thanks in advance.

Posts: 83 | Location: Brownstown, PA | Registered: 04 January 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I used regular 6.5X54MS dies for 6.5X53R until I came into a set labeled X53R by accident.
No difference that I can tell.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
If I ever saw some, I would buy them for my guns. That said, I have been using RCBS 6.5x54 dies for years with zero issues.Good Luck!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks lee440. Sometimes the hunt is more fun than the kill. Smiler

Posts: 83 | Location: Brownstown, PA | Registered: 04 January 2022Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Like the rest of the folks here, I have used standard 6,5x54 dies to load 6,5x53R, and even to form 6,5x53R brass from 303 British, which is fairly simple.

Posts: 967 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did purchase a set of 6.5MS dies but I'm still gonna keep an eye out for Dutch dies.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I did a little test on two fired cases and the X53R definitely pushes the shoulder back more than the regular 6.5X54MS die.
Makes me wonder how we all have had no problems using these for our rimmed cases or are these dies not a good match for the 'R' chambers?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are differences in measurements between the 6.5x53R and the 6.5x54MS. Probably doesn't make a huge difference.

https://loaddata.com/images/da...56%20Mannlicher).gif
https://loaddata.com/images/da...-Sch%C3%B6enauer.gif

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried her https://chtoolanddie.com/calibers/6.5x53RDut

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland, I have dealt with CH4D for dies for some of my other calibers. I've had positive experiences with them. I called the other week. They don't have any Dutch dies in stock and probably won't be making any until April of next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a bunch of NE dies for re-sale including 6.5 Dutch, I should have them in a month or so.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SKB, keep me in mind if you would like to sell the Dutch die set.