THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    MOD 70 PRE 64 375H&H STOCK WANTED

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOD 70 PRE 64 375H&H STOCK WANTED
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Pre 64 375 H&H Mag Stock Wanted. Mine is a 1952 model so not cloverleaf tang. Current stock oil soaked and split.

Doesn't have to be a Winchester Stock.

No issue posting stocks to Australia.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to gunsinternational and do a search for the custom shop.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't see anything!

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=102224320

These are duplicated stocks....

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Steep price! Especially landed here then modified.

I better keep looking.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

Agree on the steep price. It should come ready to drop in at what they're asking. I initially thought they were.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Price landed here with import taxes and freight would be around $3,500 Aus. Not allowing for modifications. That’s more than twice what the rifle cost!

My gunmaker says the timber on the current stock is too punky to really do anything with, after years of oil.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Just get a Boyds stock and shoot it; original stocks are way too expensive.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Will check Boyd’s.

Have emailed Browns too.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rockdock: I have a custom stock you might be interested in. I will attempt to send you a PM. I also have a number of pictures I can send you.

Devere

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM replied to with email address. Thank you.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rockdoc: I did not receive your response.

Devere

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi devere, click on flashing symbol next to “go” on top bar. Or “go —> personal zone—> private messaging”
Cheers, Chris

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Read the Custom Shop ad. Says it fits .458 barrel diameter, but needs to be opened up for 375 H&H and 300 H&H....doesn't make sense to me as my 300 H&H dropped right into an original supergrade stock that was on a 30-06. Only had to open up stock for longer magazine.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On 24hourcampfire EdM offered a stock available for a pre 64 Magnum. I email him for the price for what he had a picture of and it was quite reasonable -A very nice stock that from the limited pictures looked custom.

Posts: 77 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 14 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rockdoc: I sent you some pictures this morning. Let me know if you received them OK. Thankyou.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I re read-It is a New Haven CRF. Frowner
24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/18297022/Searchpage/1/Main/1178659/Words/++375+H%26H/Search/true/re-winchester-70-375-h-h-new-haven-safari-express#Post18297022

Posts: 77 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 14 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
That link is no good.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still looking.

Anybody fitted a Brown, Boyd’s etc?

Still haven’t heard back from Brown.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
gotta agree with dpcd if you can do without factory.

Boyds - This is a Mauser Argy in 9.3x62

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still looking.

Anybody fitted a Brown, Boyd’s etc?

Still haven’t heard back from Brown.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well thank you very much everyone. A very kind member here has sent me a stock!

I must post a photo when it’s all done.

Best wishes and happy Easter everyone.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it.

Happy Easter to you.

DRSS