THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady 450/400 bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
400 grain DGX, Hornady item #4104, $70 per box. I can ship up to 10 boxes in one flat rate box for $25.
Have 16 boxes to sell.
Midway charges $90 a box and they are out of stock
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...019539999?pid=810404

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a trip to the top!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back up to top.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
These are for the. 405 Winchester correct?

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
These are for the. 405 Winchester correct?

No, They are for the 450/400.
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...019539999?pid=810404

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Diameter should work for either, but believe these 400 grainers would be too big for a .405 Win case.

You can use .405 Win bullets in a light 450/400 load though.

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Why are they too big for a 405? They aren't.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was just a guess, could be wrong

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Why are they too big for a 405? They aren't.

Hodgdon max velocity for the 400gr in the 405 with any powder is 1,945.

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Which would equal the 55 gr. Cordite tropical load for the 450/400.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
Which would equal the 55 gr. Cordite tropical load for the 450/400.

Lee,
Might try posting this in the double rifle forum as well.

One of Us
Picture of LRx
posted Hide Post
Hi Snowwolfe- I’d take 2 boxes if they’re still available. You wouldn’t per chance have brass you’d be willing to part with too?

Thanks!
Lee

Posts: 133 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 24 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LRx:
Hi Snowwolfe- I’d take 2 boxes if they’re still available. You wouldn’t per chance have brass you’d be willing to part with too?

Thanks!
Lee

PM sent. Sorry, no brass. The buyer of my Heym purchased it all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
LRx, I have some once fired Hornady450-400 cases. How may boxes are you looking for? Bob

Posts: 1282 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, forgot to say these are 3 inch.Bob

Posts: 1282 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump, 15 boxes remain.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump