THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    Book Value Help - African Game Trails by Theodore Roosevelt

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book Value Help - African Game Trails by Theodore Roosevelt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
This certainly appears to me to be a first addition book. It's in very good condition for a book that is over 100 years old. Some minor wear on the edges of the binding. Copyright dates shown as 1909,1910.

Inside the book is an inscription showing it was given as a Christmas gift in 1916. There is also an article from a Philadelphia, PA newspaper dated Jan. 6, 1917 reporting the death of F.C. Selous. The article was apparently being used as a book marker.

Does anyone have any idea as to the value of this book?

Thanks,

Tom Z.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The first place I always look is the sold
listings on eBay.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Abebooks can also provide retail asking prices from booksellers. Your book looks to be in very good condition. Price range is all over the place since these books aren’t rare. My guess $90 to $175.

Ken

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the biggest and best safari ever .I bought my 1895 win 405 win because of that book .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Traded value several yrs back when i got mine was $205.

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I would give Jim or Ellen a call at Trophy Room Books. They can tell you what you have and give you an idea of its value.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Ellen and she indicated that it probably wouldn't be worth it to send her the book for a professional appraisal.

I found an online appraisal service. After sending them several pics they provided the following:

"AFRICAN GAME TRAILS Roosevelt, Theodore Published by Syndicate Publishing Company, New York, 1910Hardcover. Early reprint. (First edition published by Charles Scribner's Sons.)Retail value $300.Resale value $125-$150.Please let me know if you got this answer, and if I can help further. JM"

I'll be listing the book for sale shortly.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote