THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    D'Arcy Echols/Robbins & Lawerence Standard 98 Magazine Assemblies

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

D'Arcy Echols/Robbins & Lawerence Standard 98 Magazine Assemblies
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
Posting for D'Arcy - please contact him direct to purchase: 435-757-7170 MST

Echols/Robbins & Lawerence Standard 98 Magazine Assemblies Circa 1986

Made from solid stock

270 Win/30-06 3.400 ID Length 5 shot capacity

Straddle Guard Floor Plate, un-serrated floor-plate release tab

Carbon Steel, These blue beautifully

The bows are all shaped 2D by request per an original order but can be contoured anyway YOU want to contour them

Nicely polished

$350.00 Per Assembly Plus Shipping Total of 9 still available

I have personally used these for my own 98’s for decades.

Keith Wood: Photo credit

Ready for a 4 rifle project

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice !

Posts: 704 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A few good question has been directed at me in regard to these assemblies and here are the answers

Yes these units will work on any 98 receiver unless its been opened up to the front for the 300/375 H&H etc. On the 09, standard VZ-24, G33/40, Brno Model 21 or 22 etc you will need to remove metal from the underside of the of receiver for the added length of the 270/30-06 length magazine assemblies. This is best done with a milling machine and competent hand. Likewise the TAB on the rear of the mag box that extends up into the rear of the feed well may need to be trimmed in width. I made the tab approx. .020 wider than normal so it could be trimmed .002 at a time per side to fit. As this tab is used to center the rear of the box directly under the receivers feed well.

This magazine was made for the 25-06, 270 Win, 280 Rem, 30-06. 338-06, 35 Whelen. I would not use this assembly for the 9.3x62

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Bump for some very nice metal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like the guard bow shape! But...maybe it went past me...which contour does one get for $350.00

Posts: 3454 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
My guess is might cost extra for a contoured one?
-
"The bows are all shaped 2D by request per an original order but can be contoured anyway YOU want to contour them".

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5104 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My guess is that the buyer has to do his or her own contouring. Big Grin

KJK

Posts: 679 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those interested in these units, I purchased two that were delivered yesterday. They were packaged exceptionally well and were insured.

The bottom metal units are very nicely made. They bolted right up to a ZG47 in 30-96 as a perfect fit. Depending upon which aftermarket trigger is used, your trigger may be a little too wide to slide into the trigger bow. My Recknagel trigger fit the opening while a Blackburn trigger did not.

The trigger bow will need contouring to the customers desired shape. If I recall correctly, Duane’s bottom metal required custom contouring as well. A good metalsmith will handle this chore.

The floor plate and release are smooth with no burrs or binding in operation.

Overall, you can’t go wrong if your application fits the calibers D’Arcy suggested.

Posts: 55 | Location: TN | Registered: 20 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's only history...but we did contour the trigger guard (Real pain in the ass even with a good program...)

For large magnums, usually the guards were not contoured

Posts: 3454 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to correct my previous post regarding D’Arcy’s bottom metal. I was incorrect in stating the Blackburn trigger was too wide to fit through the opening in the unit. D’Arcy and I communicated and a second look at the trigger by me proves that my trigger is not a Blackburn. It is serrated and wider. It is not marked Blackburn in any area I can see. I was certain I saw it marked as a Blackburn.

So, to D’Arcy, I apologize for the mistake and appreciate the chance to publicly correct it. The units are exceptional.

I do have a Blackburn trigger stashed somewhere and will check it at my first opportunity, but I expect it to fit with no modifications necessary.

If you have a need, buy with confidence.

Posts: 55 | Location: TN | Registered: 20 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A bump back to the front of the line

I still have 4 of these units left if anyone is looking for a well made 98 assembly selling for the same cost as they did in 1987

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll take one
Pm sent

Posts: 435 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still have 98 2 assemblies left

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
One left. Get it while it’s hot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received one of these and they are well done and not too much effort to recontour the trigger bow

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered one Wednesday.

Posts: 425 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote