THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have a Kimber Model 89 Bgr action ..no trigger or bottom metal, spring or follower...so basic bolt (std bolt face) and action..can't get parts so trade for ? or free to a kid that needs the parts..John

Posts: 463 | Location: Northern Az | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
You mean no other aftermarket trigger can be installed and no other follower could work? Seems very strange. Seems like building an ADL style rifle would be very do-able. For Christ's sake, if you're offering for free, I'll take it and pay all fees to get it to me here in CA. It would have to ship from an FFL unfortunately. But I'll cover the costs and some for your trouble if you're up for it. Wow.
Jeff Davis

Posts: 1017 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll take it if it doesn’t work out with Jeffrey

Posts: 148 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Kids?

Posts: 17134 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am 75 so about everyone is a kid..Was thinking a young gunsmith needing a project for school or a Dad needing a bolt for his kids gun..But I put in on 2 sites and have 4 people who want it..Hell was hoping I would not have to think to hard

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Kids?

Hi, I confess I am no kid. I act like one much of the time, but I’m way too old to claim that. I can understand wanting to help a young person with a project though, and I wish you all the best in accomplishing that. It’s admirable.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok,Jeffrey, had some offers including money but you were the first of the non-kids so you have it. If you want the bbl that came with it I will get it to you..it is a 240 wby cal..Send me your address etc and I will get it to you..I have an FFL and will send it to your address..John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Jeffery

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
Wow John, this is the first time I’ve ever had something like this come up! If you were offered money I feel bad taking it from you for nothing. Does it have the bolt and firing mechanism? I’ll take it regardless, not sure exactly what I’ll do with it, I do promise if I find a kid that needs a Rifle and there’s a way to turn this into something usable for them, I’ll do it. I also believe in getting new shooters into the hunting and shooting world, and have done that for my son and several kids when asked to do so by their parents. My address is below. Phone number two if you need to contact me, and you can text or call. I’ll line up an FFL here to receive the receiver. Once I have their info I’ll send it on to you. Your generosity is amazing.

Maybe I’ve got some thing you could use that I could send you in trade. Could you give me some idea of the sorts of things you do?

Jeff Davis 805–748–5081

2767 Rodman Dr.,
Los Osos, CA 93402

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I have some 89 parts. If you're interested send me a pm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff will get the action and bbl in mail tomorrow..JM