New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool thing we all need...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A magnetic clip into which to place your rifle when out plinking. From E. Arthur Brown and Company. Just ten bucks...

http://www.eabco.com/GunCaddy.htm

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're right, that does look pretty handy.

Posts: 4150 | Location: Adirondack Mountains, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
we can't use anything like that as it is illegal in wisconsin.
hoggunner

Posts: 19 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoggunner:
we can't use anything like that as it is illegal in wisconsin.
hoggunner

Do you have any idea on the logic behind the ban?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not legal in Washington State either. Something to do with un-attended gun in vehicle.
It is illegal to lay a loaded shotgun on your endgate of your truck also when out plinking.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not legal in Washington State either. Something to do with un-attended gun in vehicle.
It is illegal to lay a loaded shotgun on your endgate of your truck also when out plinking.

Cheesus...
So happy I live in Nevada...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
how could something like this be illegal?I think your mistaken.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, I'm even happier I live in Idaho. Instead of this chickenshirt reg we got Wolf Tags.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JBrown,in Wisconsin,it is illegal to have a firearm TOUCH any part of a vehicle unless it is unloaded and in a closed case that is specifically designed to carry said firearm.If you were to only lean a gun against a vehicle,or worse,place an uncased gun in the vehicle,loaded or not,the authorities could confiscate it.Not that they actually would,but they might.More likely a warning,possibly a ticket,very possibly a ticket during deer gun season.The DNR(Dept.of No Results)wardens in Wis.have .in my experience.absolutly no common sense or sense of humor.This cool gun holder would not fly in this state.Might seem pretty strict to you,but I grew up with this rule.It's no big deal to me.I simply do not lean a gun against a vehicle.This reply is a little long winded,I know,but the logic behind the law,IMHO,is generate revenue through forfitures.More tickets= more money.

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ran into someone out fishing. He had a hole in the cab of the pickup truck, just behind his head-rest. Loaded lever gun in the window rack. He hit a bump and it discharged. "It was really loud too!" Dumbass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:

That can't be right. There is nothing about this product that is illegal. There may be a law about loaded weapons left unattended in vehicles, but possession and use of a device like this has nothing to do with such an action. Please quote the actual regulation if you believe it to be so.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prplbkrr:
JBrown,in Wisconsin,it is illegal to have a firearm TOUCH any part of a vehicle ...

This looks like the perfect device to keep it from touching!

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Here's the deal.

In california the vehicle code says if a firearm is in, on or in contact with a vehicle it is the same as if it in the back seat.
The only way this is legal in california is if the firearm is unloaded.

It's the same as having a shot gun with a shell patch on the stock even though it's unloaded Penal code say if the ammunition is in contact with the firearm it is loaded.

I know dumb ass laws

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are great I don't know how many times I've seen my dogs and others knock over guns that were leaning on the truck.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Believe me to buy this is not illegal but to use it is.

Posts: 19 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not legal in Michigan either.

I recall a story from a few years back. It was supposed to take place NE Wisconsin A couple of guys were coming out of the woods during deer season. A nice young Warden pulled up and waited at their truck. After checking licenses he tried to pull off and discovered he was stuck in the snow. The guys leaned their rifles against their truck and went to push the nice Warden out. The nice young warden let them push him out...and he wrote them a ticket for a firearm against the vehicle.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The nice young warden let them push him out...and he wrote them a ticket for a firearm against the vehicle.

Such a bureaucrat...

One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
Went Coyote hunting couple weeks ago. Game warden pulled up and asked for our permits. My friend leaned his unloaded rifle on truck. WRONG! Cost him a day lost at work 'cause he had to go to court and $250. In michigan ANY firearm cannot be in contact w/ a vehicle unless is it is 100% cased!!!

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In Michigan, ANY firearm cannot be in contact with a vehicle unless is it is 100% cased!!!

More bureaucratic bullshit...

one of us
posted Hide Post
looks to me like it would be easy to make one at home. Smiler

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
In theory, If it's in this rest it's NOT touching the vehicle.

MHOFF

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was ileagal in Pa. as well. The reason for the law was the accidental discharges attributed to drivers pulling away with out knowing a gun was leaning against the vehicle. (Hunters Safety Course 1967)

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collins:
In theory, If it's in this rest it's NOT touching the vehicle.

MHOFF

tu2, That's what the SYSTEM is about isn't it? LOOPHOLES!

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote