THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FUN SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Fun Shooting    My son with his new Christmas rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My son with his new Christmas rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
A few pictures of my happy son with his new Christmas rifle a Chipmunk .22 and his first target with that rifle.

It was pretty cold so we didn't shoot long but he was pretty happy, shots were offhand at about 10 paces or 24 paces if you are a 4 year old like my son.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet Cody will really enjoy that rifle for years to come. I never did get a good look at the stock before. That sure is a nice piece of wood on his little rifle.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

I opted for the CZ scout but he wanted the chipmonk. I messed up, that chipmonk is more his speed in terms of weight. I didn't realize how much heavier the cz was.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
great pic's he is definitly our future keep him going

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thats Fantastic congrats 2 you both,that there is a young Davy-Crockett 4 sure!
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the same gun for trapping. It does not eject the shells that great. So at times it needs the tip of a knife to help it out. It has a neat lock system on it though.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
that is great. i remember Christmas morning, 21 years ago now, waking up running to the den to find that santa had left me a .410 single shot. My friends here in DC look at me like i'm from another planet when i tell them i got my first gun at age 5, way to start him out young. now you'll have a hunting/shooting partner for life.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You fully terminated that prairie dog twice and made him jump at least once! Good shooting, Cody!

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
thumb thats great...I hope he's hooked for life.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
I have an almost-identical story of my 5-year-old standing on the passenger seat with his Chipmunk, utilizing the "Montana Benchrest" position (resting on rear-view mirror) to paste his first gophers.

Driving home later, a beaming lad said, "Dad, I am the MAN." Never forget it.

Thank God for Chipmunk rifles, eh?

"Greatness without Grace is mere Vanity" - Hank the Cowdog

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did he ask Santa for the rifle?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Priceless. You're a lucky man Snellstrom. Enjoy those moments. He'll be all grown up in the blink of an eye.

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats. nothing like a new rifle.

Posts: 39 | Location: N. Oklahoma | Registered: 31 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's been two years. Has he graduated to bigger rifles? Has he told his friends at school that he's a shooter? I'd love to see the teacher's face when Cody tells about his rifle during show-and-tell at school-- and how many squirrels or prairie dogs he's popped with it...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
has he asked for a double rifle yet?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
You go Cody you good thing. Onya Mate. If you and Dad ever come 'Down Under' I'll take you and dad 'Bunny Bashing' and Roo shooting.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
It's been two years. Has he graduated to bigger rifles? Has he told his friends at school that he's a shooter? I'd love to see the teacher's face when Cody tells about his rifle during show-and-tell at school-- and how many squirrels or prairie dogs he's popped with it...

He now shoots a cut down 6.5 Swede with reduced loads as well as his Chipmunk rifle. He is becoming a great little shot and just turned 7 years old.
He is the envy of most of his classmates (we live out of town, goes to school out of the city). His teachers don't mind but at the end of last year a substitute Art teacher sent him to the principal for drawing an "assault rifle"! He said he does it all the time with the regular Art teacher but the sub threw a fit. Go figure, liberals......
He is proud to tell anyone that will listen that he has a .22 and a 6.5 Swedish Mauser. Makes me proud too.!

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have love to hear him tell the sub. about freedom of speech and expression rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like you got a great kid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would have love to hear him tell the sub about freedom of speech and expression.

Me, too...