THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FUN SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Fun Shooting    Speer plastic cases and bullets.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speer plastic cases and bullets.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone else use these? I use them to practice in the basement. Great fun. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Dan,

We used to use them a lot before we built our undrground range.

If you cannot find any, you can use normal brass cases and wax for bullets.

It helps if you drill out the flash hole make it large - you have to mark the cases somehow so as not to use them for normal loads again, as this will certainly increase the pressure.

I just paint them red with a marker pen.

We melt wax in a pan to the required thickness, and just use the case mouth to cut a plug.

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the idea Saeed. I'll have to try that too. - Dan

<chevota>
posted
I have some for 38/357. I let a friend use one to test his bullet proof jacket, he put one in his 357 and let another friend shoot him in the back at about 5'. The guy dropped to his knees and cried! Funny $#!t They have a lot of power up close, then peter out real quick, like 20'.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I fired one (in 44 cal) into a pine 2 x 4 just to see what would happen. It went in about 1/4", far enough to make me not want to be shot with one. - Dan

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot them alot as a kid out of my dads S&W airlite 38 special. I still have them, and fired a few out of my wifes Taurus 357. Now that I have an air pistol, I prefer to shoot it, it is more accurate, quieter, and pellets and primers cost the same.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried to kill a rat with one once out of a .45 ACP. It didn't seem to hurt the rat much, but traumatised it enough that it just sat there and shivered while I loaded a real bullet in the cylinder with which to terminate him.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This sounds like fun, can you also load them for rifles? and if you can will a primer give enough pressure to drive the wax out of the barell and to the target? Then, what would be the max effective range? And finally, do you need to clean your bore after all the fun.

Thanks, Charlie