New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: plinking targets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I used to have a bad problem with grasshoppers in my garden. Hit them with malathion, and then look around and never find any carcasses. Then I started using my daisy. A few miutes every evening before supper, and it wasn't long before the ground was covered with "good" hoppers. Have to be careful though to keep the BBs out of the tomatoes. Bad enough to have to watch for shot in your pheasant.

Posts: 247 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try shooting plastic thumb tacks at 100yds, what a challenge,a few guys at our rod and gun club said a member of the club could do it,i thought they were pulling my leg, until he took the top 2 tacks that held my target up with in 2 shoots. Thought i would add to this,we had a compition twice a year and they quit making the small 1" exploding targets so we tried paint balls hot glued on small paper plates at a friends place first, what a hit they were! We set them up at 100yds for the varmit rifles, and then two guys shoot at them at 300yds with their big guns, the one had his 338 and got it on the 6 shot, very awesome shooting, so we did try them at our shoot this year at 100yds, everyone thought it was going to be a piece of cake to hit them,they were wrong. I got only 2 out of 5.

Posts: 44 | Location: wis | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote