Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan Shooters
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted
I was wondering if there are any other Michigan shooters on this board? Would be nice to plan a shooting day with a bunch of guys

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,
I'd like to thank you very much for an enjoyable day of shooting and fellowship. Junior said he hasn't had that much fun in a long time. Looking forward to the next time, perhaps we can do the next one at my house. The food was outstanding, especially the sweet corn out of your garden. Thanks again to you and Wendy for an enjoyable day.
Stepchild

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sunday dawned cool, but soon warmed to the mid 70's with only a few scattered clouds.
After meeting up and socializing, we headed over to the range.
As some of the young people had brought there paint ball gear, they geared up and the air was quickly filled with the pift-pift sounds of a paint ball war (they headed off into the woods north of the firing line). Meanwhile the commardrie continued as the adults started setting up for the real fun.
First thing was some trap shooting, with only a few survivors left in the tall grass (got to leave some breeding stock ).
After everyone was feeling properly warmed up, the handguns and 22's came out. Soon after, with the tin can population decimated, the rifles got there turn. A few of the surviving skeet were hung from a tree some 150yd from the firing line to await their final execuation. The small bore shooters watched intently as the big guns took a crack at hitting the swinging birds.
Finaly, with no survivers remaining to be found and shoulders pleasantly tenderized, we went to my home where the wife had been cooking up a little snack for everyone.
Corn on the cob, potatoes salid (both from our garden), venison burgers, hamburgers, tuna/macarroni salid, etc.
With bellies stuffed everyone bid their fairwells and headed home, with wishes of getting together to do it again.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Present and accounted for.

Posts: 345 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Count me in. There are several other as well.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote