New
Find
Notify
Tools

plinking targets
 Login/Join

<newbie>
posted
hey peeps it would be great if everyone could post thier favouite plinking target. ballon with air (obviously)and flour and get a really cheap can of pop/soda.

<338Lapua>
posted
I like to take 1 liter plastic water bottles and fill them with water and add a drop or two of red food coloring (or any other color but red seems appropriate) and set them up at the 500 Meter rail for a challenge.

Jim

<zasgar>
posted
M&Ms are fun, especially with open sights

<newbie>
posted
unfortunatly i nevery got to try out my webly with open sights cause i bought it with the scope already fitted [Frown] is it worth takin the scope off and havin a few shots + keep the plinkin ideas comin

<cpt. caveman>
posted
try paint balls sitting on a golf tea [Cool]

one of us
posted Hide Post
What about NECCO wafers, biodegradable and cheap !

[ 12-07-2002, 02:07: Message edited by: Sysephus ]

<newbie>
posted
NECCO wafers ??

<Sam>
posted
They're a cheap candy that comes in a roll. About an inch across and really thin. I don't remember if they taste any good.

<Sam>
posted
BTW, animal crackers/cookies. For the feel of "BIG" game hunting. Cheap lolly pops, drill out a 2x4 about every 2 inches to hold the stick. (P.S. Cutting the stick only counts if that's where your aiming.)

<newbie>
posted
rotten apples any good i hear they explode ! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Plastic spoons,or at the indoor we try candle shooting, birthday candles lite at 25 yards,snuff the flame. Hit the candle you miss your turn.

Posts: 54 | Location: Moosomin,Saskatchewan CANADA | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
<newbie>
posted
miniture coke/sprite/dr pepper/lilt cans at long ranges make GREAT targets

<newbie>
posted
ice cubes are REALLY good

posted Hide Post
When I was a kid I used to collect shells on the seashore. "Planted" in the garden or in putty they made great outdoor or indoor targets. Mussle shells were particularly "explosive".
Having fun shooting riffles turns shooters into good shots.

Posts: 14 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 09 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a FAS target air pistol on which I (sacreligiously) mounted a holographic sight with various recticles.
Although it's not %100 envrionmentaly freindly I have a lot of fun wandering around the lawn and shooting at bees and wasps with it. The occasional lizard can be a target, but I have a spoft spot for reptiles, so I usually only take lizards if I need them to feed some of my snakes that won't take mice...

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try some old mushy apples, or pretty much any other old produce.

Posts: 121 | Location: Prosser, WA | Registered: 12 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We like to shoot full cheap soda cans, golf balls, 1 liter bottle filled with water, Bowling pins, charcoal hanging from a string.

[ 05-02-2003, 18:12: Message edited by: Handloader ]

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eggs or golf balls on golf tees, are good practice out to 100 and good grudge match targets$$$$ at 200.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Express,

Is this sacrilegious? [Razz]

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2CE154F2

[ 01-04-2003, 09:08: Message edited by: charlie d ]

Posts: 79 | Location: Newark, DE USA | Registered: 30 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
clay birds,the kind you would shoot with a shotgun.they come in a few sizes and cheap to.

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
<glock20rocks>
posted
Hmm...lets see:

2 Liter bottles
Gallon Milk jugs
Pumpkins (on holloween!)
Watermellons - Ever seen what a .50 AE does to one? [Smile]

Hit one of the pumpkins at 125 yards with my 9mm handgun; can't freakin' believe how accurate it is. I'd love to see what it could do in someone hands who can actually shoot *good*...

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
CATS

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Coins of different sizes at different distances can be quite a challenge.

Posts: 1 | Location: Work | Registered: 08 January 2003Reply With Quote
<bigbelly>
posted
watermelons,45-70,300gr jhp,case full of accurate 2015 and your`e making slushies.also .5" steel animal cut-outs.when not worried about riccochets.inbreeders work too,but not sure when in season.

<glock20rocks>
posted
Oh, and what Pa.Frank said! [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I LIKE TO PLINK AT MY STEEL BOWLING PIN. IT'S HUNG ON AN OLD REALTY SIGN FRAME. YOU SHOOT MY CAT AND I'LL TREAD ALL OVER YOU FRANK!!!

THE 2ND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL............

<Baldeagle 713>
posted
shake upa shaving cream can the cheep stuff , Make shure ya pick upm the tin afterwards. PUUFF the magic dragon! [Big Grin]

[ 01-10-2003, 04:50: Message edited by: Baldeagle 713 ]

posted Hide Post
I love my cat, shoot the mut..... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8 | Location: Lakewood,Ca. | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank I'm with you CATS!!!!! In fact you can use sailor cats like skeet. Sailor cats, you know the ones you can pickup off the road that are so thin you can sail them.

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a 5 gallon bucket full of water with a lid on top from 500 yards with my 300rum. Cool water works! [Big Grin]

Posts: 336 | Location: Alabama, U.S.A. | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
I like to take the little ones out to shoot cookies at 25 and 50 yards with 22's. When we finish, birds are happy to clean up the mess, and any extra targets, the kids take care of those!
Jeff

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
grapefruit, lemons, two liter bottles of frozen water. The frozen water can also be used as coolant material if needed.
Cats? where do you get cats?

If you can't stand the pain, don't play the game

Posts: 40 | Location: Phoenix AZ. | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree on the cats, but necco's- they have yet to make it home from the store.

Posts: 345 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
<Spike>
posted
Milk jugs filled with frozen water

Pumpkin filled with water.

Welding tank cut in half hung by a chain (gong).

one of us
posted Hide Post
RECIPE:

12 oz empty aluminum beverage can

fill with 11 oz. water

fill remaining space with 1.2 oz gasoline so that top rim of can is filled with gasoline

ignite exposed gasoline

remove self, other animate objects, and items subject to heat damage >50 yards

shoot with .22 centerfire or similar

enjoy ensuing fireball

Not for use within the corporate limits of a municipality; plowed fields work the best. Author not resposible for accidents or injury.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a local gun shop sells exploding targets,a little pricey but they sure do draw attention,the last time i used them i put it on a back stop that was not in line with my lane when i hit it i just acted like nothing happend all the other shootes couldnt figure out what happend,so i had to ask with a straight face who was shooting hot loads he he

one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to go out the cow pasture about a month after the cattle are transferred to another pasture. The grass and alfalfa is just tall enough to obscure most of the cow "patty". I walk forward with my Ishapore .308, until the "pie" is exposed, upon which I swing up to the shoulder and fire. The targets are absolutely random, as I don't scout the area before the walk and shoot. AND, when you nail all the cow pies in view, they explode with great gusto, because they're usually dry on the outside, and wet on the inside. An excellent byproduct, is the spreading of the manure, which helps the grass or alfalfa grow, better.

Once all the visible targets are destroyed, I go back to port arms and continue to walk forward, until more of the "enemy" are exposed. Sounds strange, but is some of the best combat training I've had, including the 17 years of Army training so far.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowmaker:
a local gun shop sells exploding targets,a little pricey but they sure do draw attention...

Yea, those things are great until one lites up the target board! [Eek!] Good thing i had packed along some drinking water, LOL! [Big Grin] My 8 year old son musta laughed for a 1/2 hour about it, dad runnin down range to extinguish the backstop. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MSSmagnum do you shoot at a public range,Im asking because thats where we do alot of our shooting,boy can one run into some nut cases there,my wife and I we out shooting at a public range one day and there were a few guys there that had new york tags on there van and made a comment that all people should have to have proper training before being allowed to shoot,jestering to my wife,poking fun at her,when all of a sudden I got hit with gravel from the area under the shooting bench.I was never so pissed off in my life that bullet could have hit me or someone else,who needs the training,when I gave them my thoughts they said whats the big deal nobody got hurt.since that day we dont go to public ranges on weekends anymore we go during the week to public ranges and use my private range on the weekends,but we still have alot of work to do on it but were getting there if the rain will stop falling every weekend we might be able to get it done

<VKTM39>
posted
Spent .22 cases for less than 25 meters, 9x19 cases for ranges up to 50 meters and 12 gauge at 50-100 meters. Works just fine with a .22, and the required material can always be found on a shooting range..