THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FUN SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Fun Shooting    Re: Charcoal bricquets, anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Charcoal bricquets, anyone?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Want to have some fun try the propane cans for your hand held torchs, sometimes you can get them for a $1.00 on sale, lay them on the ground valve towards you, and shot them at 100yrds { i used a 22-250}. they will spin out of control. Don't bury them, they just blow the liquid out.This weekend we might try a traser round on one, a couple of guys thought that it would ignite the gas , if not i buddy of mine said he would gets some 1/4 sticks to tape to them and shot the 1/4 stick that will ignite them for sure. Paint balls hot glued on small paper plates are fun at 100yrds.If you hit them right you'll punch the whole ball clean through the paper and the wood behind it.To bad they don't make the 1" exploding targets any more.But deer hunting starts this weekend so we have to try the propane cans in between drives, if they do ignite that will make the deer run.HAHA

Posts: 44 | Location: wis | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
I love to shoot a gallon milk jug filled 2/3 full of water and then frozen.This is instant snow storm when hit with H.V. bullet or large bore pistol!!Pick your own distance!!

Posts: 2025 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also fun is chunks of ice from water tank or out of 5 gallon buckets. .22 long rifles chip away at it .22-250 on up blow it up pretty effieciently. Big Grin

shoot straight or shoot often.

Picture of conger
posted Hide Post
I like to glue cheap rolled candy such as Nesco or even Tums on a colored paper and shoot them at 50 or 75 yards with .22 rimfires. Makes an interesting contest between shooters.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was curious once and placed a 12 gauge shell on the target rest about 25 yards away. Attempted to hit the primer and blow it up with a 9mm round. When the bullet hit the shell it punched through the center and knocked the guts out of it but it did not explode.

Now if you take a handgun primer, set it on the garage floor and heat it up with a firplace lighter (the ones with the long reach) it makes a hell of a loud bang. I recommend eye and ear protection. I don't recommend using a hammer.

Posts: 108 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
I had 500 primmers that I didnt know what type, LR_LP_LMR_LPM ??? Got them from a guy thing, any way, we taped them all on a railroad track, set back and when the train went, holy crap, sounded like a full auto.

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is....WOW. Taking that into perspective with my brother-in-laws story of derailing a train at a switching station with a small rock, a bit smaller than a golf ball as he described it, and all I get is a picture of a train off the tracks and the cops and ATF wandering around to figure out who dun it.

Posts: 108 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote