New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Michigan Shooters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yes it's right near lake Orion. They've done a lot of improvements over the last few years. When they re-open I think it will likely be the best State facility available. Can't wait to give it a try. One of the nice things is that it's well marked with signs to get there. Almost unheard of in this area.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuckwagon,

What time on Wednesday will you be there?

Pontiac Lake is not SS, by the way. You can load up to 6 rounds. Does Bald Mt, consider a double to be two rifles on one stock or not. I ask because, in the old days anyway, I was allowed to load both barrels on the doubles even though the SS rule was in force. The reason being that they were considered, at that range anyway, to be two seperate rifles on one stock.

Shooting autoloaders really sucks with the SS rule, IMHO.

Anyway, depending upon what time you are there I may stop by.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll probably get there around 10 am. I need to do a bit of playing so I'll probably be there until noon. I've never been to the Pontiac range. I guss I figured all State Parks with shooting facilities were the same. I don't know about the double rifle but I expect you'll only be allowed to load one chamber at a time. SS is a PITA. It just takes more time, but if you need to work up loads etc its ok. At least it's a nice place. Hope to see you there and others as well !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Edited at Tailgunners request.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted Hide Post
I have a nice sand pit near me. Lapeer Michigan, east of Flint. You can rock and roll as fast as you can pull the tigger. Some people even bring full auto's there as well. Nice place to shoot. Anyone wanna try it out?

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted Hide Post
Anyone still want to get together for a day of shoot?

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The range is open. I drove in yesterday. I'll be there this Wednsday if any one wants to stop by or come shoot. All state rifle and handgun ranges are SS as far as I know. Yes it is a PITA but it's a good bench to dial a scope in.

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner, it sounds like you had a hell of good time! I`d definitly have to make the next one if you have it.

Sorry I missed this one, but sometimes ya just can`t change your plans.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote