Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

200m shooting
 Login/Join

posted
we shoot at suspended plough discs when you hit one it sounds like a bell ringing ,, we call it "ringing the bell" discs are suspended at 200m

shooter who rings the most is the winner.

Posts: 17 | Location: eastern cape/ south africa | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Phil N
posted Hide Post
What weapons, cartridges and positions do you use?

We have several competitions at our local Fish and Game Club. One is only for pre WWII military, two are for rimfire and one is for modern hunting rifles.

They are alot of fun and great practice.

US Army 1977-1998

Posts: 82 | Location: Carthage, NY | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blacksmoke:
we shoot at suspended plough discs when you hit one it sounds like a bell ringing ,, we call it "ringing the bell" discs are suspended at 200m

We had the same setup at three hundred yds.I enjoyed shooting at it.It was removed when our range got a new makeover,conforming to new regulations.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I do the same thing withh .22lr @ 200 yrds...ring the bell...except my target is a 7"x7"x1/4" sguare alluminum plate.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not exactly a square plate but here's our steel target. 102 lbs set at 120 yds and we knock it over with pistols. Big Grin

Posts: 104 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I love that Mammoth target and that Sombrero is the bomb!

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blacksmoke:

How do you know when you shoot through the hole in the center. I'd never have a 'miss'. Wink

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote