Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowling Pins
 Login/Join

posted
I am always looking for something new to shoot, and love shooting things that react! I was wondering if a bowling pin will hold up to being shot by a .204? I have found some for pretty reasonable on ebay but dont want to buy them if they will only be good for one shot! Thanks for the help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What range are you going to shoo them at? If 100 yards or more, then they should hold up to several shots in the main body. "Neck" shots will take the "head" off perhaps.

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a friend of mine who has a bowling alley gave me a box of old pins several years ago... i was shooting with a .357 at about 30 ft and they heald up for several hits... i don't know about a small bullet like that moving that fast.. i'm guessing a pin might hold up for a few shots.........

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son and I have been shooting bowling pins for close to two years now with every thing in handguns from 9mm to 44 mag and 45 acp, and in rifles from 22lr to 308. 223s with either fmjs or Hornady SX just make a small hole in the cover and do not exit. Neck hits are no different. I think you could easily put 100+ shots in one with a 223 and they would still hold together. What is hard on them is the 270 with 90 TNTs Tends to split the pins as does the 308.

Started with 30 pins (free from a local bowling alley) and have trashed only two so far. Using your 204, you should get a long life from them. Get several so you can shoot without having to reset them as often.

Posts: 67 | Location: SE Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot pins with a 17 Mach IV at 200 yds.
They take a licking and keep on keeping on. The worst on my pins is when I leave them out in the weather after shooting them.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
belong to a club that has bowlingpin matches 6x a year. worst thing we've found is cold...the plastic laminate tends to get very brittle and splits badly around & below freezing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
go to local bowling alley they will give you old ones free where about's you located?

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks for all of the helps guys. I am located in Northwest Ohio, and there is an alley just down the road i will have to stop in some time!

one of us
posted Hide Post
if they don't give them to you let me know i have a bunch just send me actual shipping and i'll be glad to give them to you

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote