New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm.ackley improved
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I will be starting to reload 6mm.A.I. I have a set of RCBS dies for 6mm.A.I.,and 6mmRem.brass.Can I use the 6mm.AI dies to neck size the new brass and seat the bullets so I can fireform the brass or do I also need 6mm rem.dies .also should I trim to spec. or leave as long as will safley chamber.this is for a Remington 700 I just acquired. Im new at A.I. THANKS

------------------

Posts: 65 | Location: SW,Florida,U.S.A | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Is the AI chamber a rechamber of a factory barrel, or a new chamber? In the second instance the gunsmith should be able to tell you the actual max case length. In the first you'd have to measure with a chamber cast.

I'd necksize with the AI dies, then trim to the longest dimension that will safely chamber. The brass will tend to shorten when formed.

Happy hunting,
Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
The rifle is a remington 700 BDL heavy 24" barrel older model never used, witch was from an estate sale. a customer orderd the work done and changed his mind the smith did the work and orderd the dies from RCBS.

Posts: 65 | Location: SW,Florida,U.S.A | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote