New
Find
Notify
Tools

RSI pressuretrace
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
So Hot Core, how do you calibrate the speedometer in a car? Do you get a can of miles per hour from NIST, and let 50 of them out? Or are all speedometers uncalibrated? If you say that you use an NIST traceable speedometer as a standard, then how does that speedometer get calibrated?

How is it that we know the mass of a electron, when there is no possible way to directly compare it with an NIST standard mass? Or do you contend that we don't really know the mass of an electron? And those fuzzy headed guys who only had PhD's in physics didn't do it right?

How is it that we know the distance to other galaxies, when nobody has compared the distance with a standard meter?

Why is it that of the seven primary standards NIST maintains, only one, mass, is still kept directly in an artifact in the same units? Why is it that NIST uses indirect calibration for EVERYTHING but that one unit of measure?

Just once, I'd like to see you post a fact. All I've ever seen from you is opinion, unfounded assertions, name calling, insults, and diversions. I've never seen ANYTHING from you that doesn't fall in those categories.

Since this topic is ending up, as they always do, with you backed into a corner, clearly at odds with accepted sources, and no facts to support your position, are you once again going to hint that I am "queer for you", as your last defense?

Do you not understand that continuing to defend the indefensible gets you to where you are: Nobody believes you anymore.

Prove all things; hold fast to that which is good.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey denton,
I'll be in SLC on April 15th & 16th. I have to present at a medical conference sleep. On Sunday my girlfriend and I are going to head home by way of Winemucca, NV where there are several thousand ground squirrels waiting to be shot. You are welcome to join us. At the least we should get together for dinner on Saturday night. I have a new Benelli shotgun and wanted to go pop some seagulls in Temple Square, but some of my buddies said that wasn't such a good idea.
Let's trade schedules.
lawndart
noak@direcway.com

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
jeffe
Have you received your RSI Pressuretrace yet? I would like to hear your experience with the unit. I would like to get one.

Glenn

Posts: 70 | Location: Ok. | Registered: 29 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
bglenn,
i got it, but haven't made it out to the range yet.. i might this weekend

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39632 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote