New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm/284 Shooters, I need your help!
 Login/Join

<lokey>
posted
I just re-chambered a .243 Win. to 6mm/284, and I need a little help with load data. I'm looking to shoot bullets in the 65-85 grain range, right now the 70 grain B-Tip is the leading candidate. Any load data, or tips on the cartridge, y'all have would be much appreciated. Also, what kind of velocities are you guys seeing? I'm shooting a 24" pipe and hoping to get 3800 from the 70 grain pills. Thanks, ~lokey

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what twist you have so somethings may be different. I have a 1/14 twist in the 6/284 I have and I load 58/4831 with a 68 gr Berger and I'm alittle over 3800fps and that load shoot in the 3's. I've had it over 4000fps when I first started to load and I've just backed it down with out opening the groups up. I don't figure to get over 1000rds out of this barrel before it goes. Well good luck!

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is some very good reloading info right here in the data section. It is where I started when I built my 6mm-284.

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote