New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS case prep machine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was watching a show the other night and they were doing a story on case prep and they were showing the case prep machine in action. One thing I noticed was that it seemed like the powered spindles were all running in a sort of egg shaped pattern instead of a nice tight circle. Just wondered how this would effect the primer pocket uniformer and if it would egg shape the primer pockets? Am I being too anal about this?

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I have one, love it, and have no trouble with any part of it, my loads shoot fine!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
The cutter only cuts on the bottom and is a snug fit on the sides of the primer pocket. Your hand will travel with any side motion of the tool and ease any pressure not ditected at the bottom of the pocket. I wouldn`t worry, it won`t enlarge them.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
like the others i really like mine. mine gets pretty noisy, Take the bottom of ever couple years and put some grease on the gears. it will last many years.
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love mine works flawlessly

Posts: 262 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i thought it was just another gimmick when i bought it (but who among us hasn't bout a few of them) but the thing works well and actually has become a necessity

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got mine to expressly do the primer pocket uniforming work. it's a real pain to do those by hand when you're doing 500 new cases at a time. The primer pockets come out just fine and are nice and tight.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote here for it being a good thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure do like mine have had it a year and run lots of brass thru it.

I do appreciate one of the comments about taking the bottom off and relubing it-hadn't thought about that.

berylh

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well then there may just be one of these in my future!!

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
They work great! A real time saver; don't know why I didn't buy one sooner!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like mine and have it mounted right next to the case trimmer. Works great and saves time...

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
I was watching a show the other night and they were doing a story on case prep and they were showing the case prep machine in action. One thing I noticed was that it seemed like the powered spindles were all running in a sort of egg shaped pattern instead of a nice tight circle. Just wondered how this would effect the primer pocket uniformer and if it would egg shape the primer pockets? Am I being too anal about this?

The guys are right. Once you own one, you’ll never be without one again. thumb

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Can't figure out why I waited so long to get one. They work great and save lots of time. Go for it!!!!!