Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I find 310 Dies
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to find a set of Lyman 310 dies for a 25-06. Any ideas where I might look? Thanks. Tom

Posts: 12 | Location: Santa Maria, Ca | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might check with MidwayUSA...they show a few sets of 310 tool dies but none as long as a 25-06.....they might special order them for you....I haven't ever seen any for a long cartridge but they are rare in my area anyway...hth..good luck and good shooting-loading!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can find their no.{maybe someone here knows} contact an outfit called the old western scrounger somewhere in California.

Posts: 78 | Location: Harrison, Maine | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, the odds are you won't find any. Lyman only makes a few sets for some very common calibers, and I don't recall seeing the 25-06 among them.
I don't have any 25-06 brass on hand, and I know Lyman doesn't make the particular die set anymore, but try and find a set of .257 Roberts 310 dies at a gun show. Those 310 dies can be pretty darn flexible sometimes. If I had a couple of cases, I could see if my set of .257 Roberts dies could be adjusted to do 25-06. However, I do think it is very possible. You would be better off with a five die set. Lyman, in a damn fool cost cutting move combined the muzzle resizer (That's the neck sizing part.) and decapper into one unit, making it a four die set, and I do not like it anywhere near as much as the older five die sets. It takes a lot more squeeze to size the neck. It's not so bad if you have one of the old Tru-Line presses to go with the 310 dies, but I found setting one of those up to be a bit of a bitch. Mine's permanently set up to do 30-06. I'll stick to the tong tool for the rest of the dies.
There was a guy who had a web site that was selling 310 dies, but he's no longer in business I guess as the web site disappeared. He had a fair selection, but his prices were way out of line.
I've found most of my 310 dies at gun shows, if that's any help.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote