New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chronographs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just discovered that Oehler stopped making the 35 last year, no more available. Is there a good second choice? I need one that has a wired or wireless remote control.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
eBay for a 35P and get your spare sky-screens, printers etc NOW from Oehler before they are gone too.

Posts: 257 | Location: Radio Free Texas | Registered: 20 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Or check out the CED Millenium.

CED Millenium

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I lost my Oehler 35 this summer in a garage fire and to my dismay found they were no longer making it.

I replaced it with a Pact Chronograph ($230 from Cabela's). The brown truck just delivered it yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I did take it out last night and put it together & I also read the owners manuel cover to cover (about 8pages).

Here are my impressions:
1) it is very similar to the Ohler 35
2) comes with a printer that is selective
3) it has a lifetime gurantee - if something breaks they will fix it free of charge and they state you don't need the receipt (they built it so they will stand behind it)
4) if you run over it with your truck - they will also fix it at cost - just doesn't get any better than that

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Pact Mk IV and like it very much. It went thru a house fire right here about four years ago. Cleaned it up and it works fine. Printer works great also.

Posts: 526 | Location: Antelope, Oregon | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used 35Ps are still around, 2 just went for 455 each on fish-bay. A member sold one on here for 350-375 about a month ago, and I bought one a couple of weeks ago at the local gun show for a whole $200. There were 3 spare skyscreens that went for ~ $60 on ebay also. They are $45 each from Ohler.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys have been very helpful. Now, one more question, please. Up here in the Seattle area we have a lot of cloudy days. My old Pro-Chrono often "hangs up" and needs re-setting. I'm not sure it is caused by the lighting. It does it even with a fresh battery, so low voltage doesn't seem to be the cause. With a new chrono that has a wire connection, at least I can re-set conveniently. Question: Should I go for the infra red screens?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
I don't have the infrared for my CED but feedback from those that do indicates that it eliminates all error and lost shots.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a CED with IR screens from Shooter's Supply (Russ Haydon), 253-857-7557. Russ knows his stuff and is very helpful. When you call, he can actually answer technical questions about shooting, reloading, ballistics, etc.

Thank you all again, and best wishes for the holidays.
Brice

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the CED Millenium and I'm very happy with it.

Posts: 27 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote