New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Powder for 375 H&H Lead bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the best powder without having to use any filler for lead gas checked 375 H&H bullets with approximate weight of 275 grains?

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use IMR 3031 and get about 2000 fps with a 250 gr cast bullet. IMR's SR 4759 was made to be bulky and be used without a filler over the powder.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had preliminary good results with a load of Unique from Lyman cast bullet manual. I need to chrono, but I'm probably at 1500 fps. No filler and it doesn't seem to be position sensitive. bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
RDub is right, but I can't get that powder here in Sweden.

I've had great luck with 13.0gr of Red Dot and a 255gr lead bullet. No filler, and use a Magnum primer. This yields 1300fps (hey, I didn't say it was fast! The same load worked perfectly with some 280gr cast bullets too.

Make damn sure that you load carefully! I turn the cases over so that I cannot double charge a load.

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote