Find
Notify
Tools

want to buy 9.3x74R dies
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
Anybody got a set of 9.3x74R reloading dies they would like to rid themselves of? Have a NEW unused set of RCBS dies for "300 WBY MAG" that I would trade for a set of used 9.3x74R dies, as long as they are in good shape, prefere RCBS! Or any dealer who would order me a new set of RCBS, I would pay a boot difference. The 300 WBY MAG dies will be much easier to sell, but I have absolutely no use for the WBY dies!

DUGABOY1@aol.com

------------------
..Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY DESIGNS
Collector/trader of fine double rifles, and African wildlife art

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<csj>
posted
You can buy the dies directly from RCBS. I have done this with an A-Square cartridge a few months back. They ran bout $100. 1.800.533.5000 or 1.530.533.5191 Monday through Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM PST.

Chris

<'Trapper'>
posted
Don't know about swaps but you might wish to check with missoula.bigsky.net/western/udies2.html and see if they have a used set of dies. I have bought some dies and mold blocks from them in the past and was generally well pleased with the product and the service.
"Shoot straight, shoot safe and shoot a lot!"
Regards,

------------------
'Trapper'

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!
CSJ,
I know I can buy directly from HDS for the RCBS dies, they are $53.95 class D die set, It is just that I happen to have a brand new set of 300 WBY MAG dies, and I have no need for them, I don't have a set of dies for the 9.3x74R, and I need them! The reason I have the 300 Weatherby Mag dies is, I won $8,000 worth of guns in a super bowl pool a few years ago, and there was a 300 WBY Mag rifle in the lot. I never fired the rifle but traded it streight across for a Whitworth African Express, 375 H&H rifle, and the guy who traded did not load. So I have a set of RCBS dies that I have no earthly need for.

Trapper,
I will try Bigsky, and see what they have on hand! Harry, is a dealer who posts here, and on HA, and he is only about 30 miles from me, and he might have a customer that needs the 300 dies, it seem Weatherbys are popular with the whitetail hunters around here. He might order a set for me, and let me pay him some boot and the 300 dies for them.

Thanks again guys!

------------------
..Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY DESIGNS

<Carl>
posted
HI there;
Can't sell you my 9.3 dies as I still use my Drilling now and again. However if you looking for some once fired 9.3 Brass, I have a couple hundredt, will sell at 50cts.US each (no boxes).

<Todd G>
posted
MidwayUSA sells the RCBS reloading dies sets for the 9.3 X 74 R for approximately $48.00. You can order them on line also. I believe the website is midwayusa.com. That is were I bought mine.

Todd G

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carl:
HI there;
Can't sell you my 9.3 dies as I still use my Drilling now and again. However if you looking for some once fired 9.3 Brass, I have a couple hundredt, will sell at 50cts.US each (no boxes).

Carl, I have quite a bit of brass (200 rds, and 90 rds loaded)I just need a way to load it. I would like to have your brass, though I'm afraid the red tape would be more than I'm willing to go through to get it here from Canada. If you have loading dies, why do you have all that once fired brass?

PS:
How does that 9.3 do on black bear up there in BC?

------------------
..Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY DESIGNS

[This message has been edited by MacD37 (edited 07-08-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
MacD37,
I used my o/u FN in 9,3x74R a few years ago to bag two large boars in Vancouver Is.
I was shooting 247 grain KS bullets loaded at 2400 fps and performance was outstanding.
Regards,
Montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montero:
MacD37,
I used my o/u FN in 9,3x74R a few years ago to bag two large boars in Vancouver Is.
I was shooting 247 grain KS bullets loaded at 2400 fps and performance was outstanding.
Regards,
Montero

Montero, that sounds good. I think Americans are missing out on a lot of good European cartridges. I have been a fan of all the 8mm rounds, as well as the 9.3 rounds of all types. I had a Best grade H&H s/s double rifle a few years ago that was specially ordered for someone in the Eastern block before WW II, sold it because it was so hard to get ammo or componants for it in 1956. Wish I had that rifle today! Had a Husky double rifle as well and it shot like a dream, and accounted for a number of Muledeer, Elk, and Moose. I just bought the new double and am jumping through hoops waiting for hunting season. May go to one of the exotic hunting ranches soon. Would like to take a leopard with it over bait, maybe 2003! Vancouver Island is one of the best places in the world for large Black Bear!

------------------
..Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY DESIGNS