New
Find
Notify
Tools

310 Martini components needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just picked up a very nice Martini Cadet in .310 and am in need of reloading stuff. Does any one have some they would part with?

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland, I use improvised tools for mine.

I use .32-20 cases trimmed to length. I then expand them using a little mandrel I turned up that replaces the "belling slide" in a Lee 9mmP belling die (the one designed to hold the powder measure on their progressive presses.

After that, I use a powder that fills the case (unfortunately the specefic powder I use is a locally-made one which is probably not available where you are, namely Somchem S265).

Once the cases are made and fire-formed, the reloading process only requires a die to eject the spent primer (I use my .44-40 dies for this, but I guess any pistol sizing die of .38 Spl or larger would work).

I do not size the case, nor do I crimp the bullet. I simply replace the primer, add the powder and push the bullet in by hand. If correctly sized and lubed, it stays in there quite well.

Don't know if that helps?

Posts: 467 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland,

Pretty much the same as above. As far as I'm concerned the only suitable bullet (and I tried others) is the RCBS .310-120-RN #82023. It's the correct healed bullet for the .310. 4.6grs of Hodgdon Clays is what works in my rifle.
I have bullets cast from the RCBS mould, be happy to send some your way if you'd like to give them a shot (pun intended).

Craig

Posts: 77 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 08 September 2020Reply With Quote