New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm donaldson wasp
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anyone have any reloading data on the 6mm donaldson wasp? is there any pulblished data?

thanks
mark

Posts: 43 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
poster on 24HCF named Mntngoat he shoots one and probably has very good loading data.
I shoot a 6mm 30-30 AI which is similar but longer body.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
coincidence, i am purchasing the barrel from mntngoat!

does anyone know if data is printed in Ken Waters petloads book?

Posts: 43 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is some loading data for the 6mm Donladson(international in p.o.ackleys book.van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We had compared some data and specs in the past regarding the two rounds. Are you getting dies and any of his data as well.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes i am purchasing brass and dies. found some load data on e.a. brown's website, they refer to the cartridge as the 6mm us.

also i have requested info from mntngoat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mntngoat supplied me with a very informative article. it basically recommended starting with 6mm br starting loads an carefully working up from their.

thankyou everyone for the help.
mark

one of us
posted Hide Post
What you planning on doing with it ?
It should launch 58 gr. Vmaxs. out around 3200 fps maybe better. 80 gr. bullets to somethng around 2700 maybe more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mostly punch paper. it has 1 in 8 twist, so it should stabilize the longer heavier bullets.

i enjoy working up accurate loads and making encores shoot.

also, i will probably work up a varmit load.