THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Need max load for .44mag (If you have your manual handy)

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need max load for .44mag (If you have your manual handy)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, I need the max load data for H110,.44 mag ,240g Hornady JHP. If you have your manuals handy I would appreciate it. The more the better.

Thanks

Posts: 130 | Location: Central U.S.A | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
<AVMcGee>
posted
Nosler #4
240 gr. Nosler HP, SP
23.8 gr. H110 (max) 1572fps w/8.25" barrel

Speer # 13
240 gr. Speer JHP, JSP, TMJ-Sil.
24.0 gr. H110 (max) 1451fps w/7.5" barrel

one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Rifle loads, or pistol?

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Matt_G>
posted
From Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading Fourth Edition:

240 grain bullet
Max C.O.L. is 1.610"
They used Win WLP Primers.
Starting load of H110 was 21.8 grs. (1200 fps)
Max. load is 24.9 grs (1450fps)

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be loading for a Super Redhawk. It looks like the old manuals are giving a max of 24.8 and the new manuals are more conservative at 24.0g.

The Super Redhawk is a strong gun and I should be fine to load at 24.5g of H110. Does anyone see a problem. I will be using this for a hunting load so i need all the power I can get. What is the max you guys have loaded for the Super Redhawk.

------------------
Join the NRA if you enjoy your American Freedom! NRA.org

Posts: 130 | Location: Central U.S.A | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

[This message has been edited by tundrarules (edited 02-16-2002).]

[This message has been edited by tundrarules (edited 02-28-2002).]