New
Find
Notify
Tools

RWS Brass in .308 - Anyone...
 Login/Join

<Rifleman7>
posted
ever use this? If so, what is your opinion? I've looked through all the distributors' fliers and can't find anyone who carries it. I can't even find a web site for RWS. What's up with that? Second topic is what is your opinion on the difference between Lapua and Norma brass?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Rifleman7,

Welcome to the forum.

RWS makes great brass. We have several thousands of it here collected from the army range.

They use RWS Match ammo for some of their teams, and kindly give us the empty brass.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Hey

RWS makes one heck of nice brass regardles of the caliber. I only pick cases from RWS, Norma and Lapua when I'm at the range. I Sweden you will be able to find large cans of quality brass on the ranges. Not bad at all.

I have used them in my 308 for a long time, works great

Saeed, I envy you, I wish that the swedish army should use more quality brass than they do.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Old Western Scrounger carries RWS brass and someone who posts on here carries it from time to time, but can't recall who it was. He posted on having it sometime back.

RWS has this brass thing down to a science. gooooood stuff.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Rifleman7>
posted
Thanks all. Funny, look at the quality brass the U.S. tax dollar buys. And we're supposed to have the best military on earth??

<Rifleman7>
posted
OK, Old Western Scrounger is out of RWS .308 brass till next year. January, Feburuary... . Any other good ideas on sources??

<J�rgen>
posted
Probably the best quality on earth ?!
Highest price too !I use german (what else?)
MEN brass in .308 Win. , same quality but at
a much better price and the shoulders and
necks are perfectly annealed too !
I think I paid about 40 cents each last time.
I`m not sure if you can get it overseas ?

<Makalu>
posted
I bought recently 1000 Lapua cases in 308 for about 20 cents for one in Germany. I think they are really good and very precise. I think Lapua makes the better ones!

Regards
Makalu