New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alliant Re22
 Login/Join

<bigcountry>
posted
Guys, it just boggles the mind. I have called every gun storyin the Baltimore, MD area, and no body carries this powder. Does anybody in the area know where a guy could find some? You can get just about anything in this area besides guns and ammo easily.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know how close you are to West Virgina, but the gun picture there ia a tad brighter than the People's Republik of Maryland. A trip across the border might net a can. If you want to pay a hazmat fee, there are quite a few places from which you can mail order it.

<brawls>
posted
There is a very good reloading shop in Annandale VA, just of the beltway around DC. He carries a good selection of powder and assorted reloading supplies. I can't remember the name but a yellow pages can fix that. I have used him a few times. I, like you, use to live in the DPRM (Democratic Peoples Republik of Maryland).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bigcountry,

Try Atlantic guns in either Rockville or Silver Springs, MD. Another place to try is the Gun Shack in Mount Airy. Both of these are a bit of a hike from Baltimore, so you might want to give them a call first. As you know, prices are a bit higher in this area. There's also a good store just outside of Breezewood, PA (where 70 hits PA turnpike) called Juniata trading that has a good supply of guns / reloading equipment. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lou

Posts: 333 | Location: Dallas, TX, USA | Registered: 15 January 2001Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
Big Country,

I gave up on the stores and order powder online. Lately I've been getting RL powders from Natchez Shooter's Supply. There is a $17.00 HazMat fee for shipping powder or primers so usually I order a few pounds of powder and a brick or two of primers so I don't pay the HazMat fee so often. MM

http://www.natchezss.com/

one of us
posted Hide Post
bigcountry: Get ahold of the good guys at Alliant powder- they might be able to help your supply problems. 1-800-276-9337 is the number I have on the older version of their data booklet.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<bigcountry>
posted
Thanks for the info. I will try the gun shack. Only place I didn't try. I called Alliant, and they said the only place they have listed as selling in my area is Bass Pro. I'll probably wait until next week for bass pro.

Thanks,
BC

<C-Hawk>
posted
A few places you may want to try.

Bay Country Guns in Annapolis, MD. They have very good prices on their powder for a local shop, believe R22 is about $17. (410) 573-1848

There is a Bass Pro Shop not to far from the BWI airport. Directions and #'s are on their webpage.

One other place that I'm not sure about, but may be worth a look. Bart's which is located on Ritchie Highway not far at all from Baltimore. (just past the Best Buy on the other side of the road) Sorry, I don't have their number, but it should be easy to get a hold of for you.

Hope this helps you,
C-Hawk

[This message has been edited by C-Hawk (edited 01-14-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brawls:
There is a very good reloading shop in Annandale VA, just of the beltway around DC. He carries a good selection of powder and assorted reloading supplies. I can't remember the name but a yellow pages can fix that. I have used him a few times. I, like you, use to live in the DPRM (Democratic Peoples Republik of Maryland).

The store is called "The Loading Bench" on Maple Ave. in Annandale -- I don't have the # handy but that should get you there.

They are nice, helpful people and have some nice African trophies on the wall (kudu, hartebeest, buff that I remember), and sometimes a few interesting guns for sale.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
<bigcountry>
posted
Thanks,

Chawk, Bay Country has alot of it. Went down and picked up some. Thanks for the contact.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some RE-22 from a gun shop in Hampstead, MD a couple of months ago. It's called "Hampstead Gun & Outdoor Supply".
Having said that I do go up to the Juniata Trading post every couple of months. It's a pretty good joint with a good selection. But it can get pricey.

Posts: 258 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland US of A | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
<C-Hawk>
posted
Your welcome bigcountry.

I'm glad I could be of some help.

Later,
C-Hawk

<Harald>
posted
Has anyone established the lot number of Reloder-22 that replaces the recalled powder? How do you know if you are getting the new stuff or just the last cans of the old bad lot? Its seems like 28083 was the lot number in question? But I have seen more than one production period on that and I wonder if they all are bad.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Watch this stuff. Re 22 is good but temp. sensitive. Loads you work up this winter may be too hot next summer.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harald:
Its seems like 28083 was the lot number in question?

FYI:

Whichever it is, the lot number is in the 250xx series, not 280xx.

Good luck,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Harald>
posted
You're right! I knew something about that didn't look right. It was probably 25083. I have a weird thing about the way I remember numbers and it makes me associate 5s and 8s.

Anyway...has anyone gotten any "new" Reloder-22?

one of us
posted Hide Post
" by JBD: Watch this stuff. Re 22 is good but temp. sensitive. Loads you work up this winter may be too hot next summer"

That applies to the majority of all powders we use.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote