New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once Fired Brass...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim,Dullfool and others,to begin with the shooting range is private property and whatever is found on the ground does not belong to you.Second,I am not french.Third,dont be sick with money and want to pile it up too high by saving pennies-loser town.And last shooting is not about saving money it is about LEARNING.ADIOS.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh Shootaway, shootaway, you have posed a paradox. "shooting isn't about saving money, it's about learning.." While dry firing is an excellent way to practice your shooting posture and bench technique, sooner or later, you have to make the thing go bang.
And the more you make it go bang, the better you become (unless you're a total dolt) ergo, the further you can stretch your shooting dollars, the more you can shoot and the better you may get. Of course, some folks are beyond help no matter what method they use. I have seen the targets that you've posted. Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Of course, some folks are beyond help no matter what method they use. I have seen the targets that you've posted.

Yep- check the post in Medium Bores- he definitely shouldn't be associating with Lothar Walther barrels. Targets like that could put a dent in their reputation. Good thing it was shot at a private range...any of us hicks would laugh him off a public range.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am so glad we have Shootaway to lecture us on how to live our lives. Too bad I'll never get a look at his private range. Unless maybe I hire on with the grounds crew. The range I shoot at is private Shootaway and brass on the ground which has been abandoned by the owner is the property of the first member to pick it up. While we are on the subject of giving life advice, I advise you to learn some humility Shootaway, I judge you could really use some. Even a little bit would be a big improvement. I'm going to quit now before I get told to quit.
Suwannee Tim, over and out.

Suwannee Tim

Posts: 140 | Location: Way down upon the Suwannee River. | Registered: 02 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Bill I sure if you put if up for sale here it would be gone in no time.

P dog shooter yes in this economy I am sure it would move quickly. I looked up on Midway what new Norma bras are going for $5.43 ea and that isn’t the nickel. I have a trade working on it now. The 9.3 are going in my cabinet as I have been fondling another 9.3 that may have to come home with me.
I looked up the cost benefit of using used brass. Midway has Barnes VOR-TX 470 Safari loaded with the Barns triple shock for $6.80 each Now save the brass and your cost to produce ammo with the same bullet goes down Bullet $1.48 powder about $0.40 primer $ 0.04 or $1.92 ea. So for the cost of 100 factory you can shoot 354 reloads.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote