THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

favorite gadget/widget/thingie for reloading?
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Mine is the lee factory crimper.

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39554 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Mine is the Hornady case lenght & bullet seating measuring thingy.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11183 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has to be the Giraud power case trimmer. It almost makes trimming brass fun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine is the lee factory crimper.

+1 tu2

I've got one for just about every cartridge I load for and even had a couple custom ordered for cartridges that can really use a good crimp like the 9.3x72R.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Mine.....Hornady micrometer bullet seating stem, interchangable with all my Hornady die sets

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornMy 55 year old Hollywood Senior press! claproger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forster Co-Ax press.

Andy

Posts: 315 | Location: Arlington TX | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Shooter973
posted Hide Post
Lee hand primer.... wave

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posts: 347 | Location: Ogden, Utah (Home of John M. Browning) | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SA Development makes a counter/idiot proof-er electronic unit for most auto or manual indexing progressive presses. I got one for my 550B.
Take about fifteen minutes to hook up, then it walks along side you as you load. Every step of the reloading process is monitored. Fail to index the 550, buzzer and readout display tells you. Forget to fully seat a primer, readout tells you.

It works well enough that I am going to order a second one for my other 550B. I have one set for small, and the other for large primers.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
My vernier calipers. I can't believe how often I use them.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
RCBS universal priming tool.

Posts: 6480 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is the Lyman Universal case trimmer with power adapter. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2362 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Lee Zip Trim sofa

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
Dust devil vacuum. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My RCBS Precision Mics, that I use for case headspace guages only.

I make "adaptors" for different cartridges. Very useful for case resizing and forming.

Kevin

Posts: 412 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chrony. You can have all the thingies in the world and w/o a Chrony, you're shooting in the dark.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
Chrony. You can have all the thingies in the world and w/o a Chrony, you're shooting in the dark.

Not really.
Speed means little to me.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
quote:

Not really.

Speed is only a snippet of the info you get from using a Chrony.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Harrel powder measure

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
quote:

Not really.

Speed is only a snippet of the info you get from using a Chrony.

It sure does not measure accuracy or pressure.

Snippet sure - and all the rest has to do with speed too.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Dandy Products Handy View. Makes my scale easier to read.

Not getting involved in another chronograph discussion. They are a tool. Get one.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Gullette:
My RCBS Precision Mics, that I use for case headspace guages only.

Kevin, I use the measuring tool on my resized/fired cases too. To establish headspace measurments.

AND ...... I use the gauge on my seated reloaded bullets to esablish true ogive measurements.

But I sure as hell don't think that "sliding bullet gauge" feature for establishing OAL is worth a damn! archer

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Rohrer:
My vernier calipers. I can't believe how often I use them.

Same here. I'd be lost without them.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

i have to agree with you.. its a basic tool, like a press.. sure you can reload without one . but you don't know what you've got till you measure them...

great data is presented in merely ploting the load and velocity, looking for those significant changes.. big steps up, or down, or deviation from step charge to fps gain...

heck, you can even tell the difference in primers on things like velocity and SD ..

of course, having one of those makes one aware of what is missing ... and ABSVEL is only one of the things one learns.

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
Mine is a tool I made to save time setting up my brass trimmer to the desired length, the first time.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kinetic bullet puller Mad

more seriously, the rcbs chargemaster dispenser. when the keyboard is not on the fritz.

I am a big fan of the hand primer too (only used the Lee).

the lee case trimmers sure are easy, and consistency is perfect.

One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods:
Lee Zip Trim sofa

+1

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lee hand primer....

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Datums, I use datums, chambers and case measurements do not lock me up.

F. Guffey

Posts: 453 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 16 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I make datums, collect tatums and on occasions I purchase datums, the last purchase was at the Big Town Gun Show in Mesquite, Texas, and I make datums up if it is more convenient than making one.

F. Guffey

Posts: 453 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 16 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F. Guffey:
I make datums, collect tatums and on occasions I purchase datums, the last purchase was at the Big Town Gun Show in Mesquite, Texas, and I make datums up if it is more convenient than making one.

F. Guffey

jumping

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Delloro: +1 Wink

Another is the Forster bullet seating dies.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The RCBS hand primer. The big grip it comes with is MUCH more comfortable to use than the Lee tool. I leave one set up for sm primers and another for large primers.

Digital calipers
Powder dispenser
Hornady case prep center. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
My automatic case resizer on the right.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Hornady Priming Tool, Foster Benchrest Powder Measure, Foster Classic Trimer, Lee Case Trimmers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chronographs are so critical that I have been loading for almost 40 years and never saw any need for one.
Only "needed" where your reloading is strictly geared to "Power Factor".

I like the Lee FCD for handguns and rifles.
I like a good 6" caliper
I like a good 1" micrometer
I like a good press (Co-Ax, Hornady L-N-L AP, Dillon 1050)
I like the Lee Pro Auto-Disk
I like my RCBS ChargeMaster
I like the RCBS Lock-Out die

Posts: 130 | Location: AZ | Registered: 17 July 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noylj:
Chronographs are so critical that I have been loading for almost 40 years and never saw any need for one.
okay, that's funny ..
quote:
Originally posted by noylj:

Only "needed" where your reloading is strictly geared to "Power Factor".

actually, no .. in fact, "power factor" only relates to pistol shooting, on making major power.. i'm fairly certain that i've NEVER shot an autoloader pistol over a chrony, just so i could compete..

what i have done is to be able to tell when the loads are consistent, the powder gives me the results as expected, or unexpected, what the difference in primers and temps actually DOES, how much impact a crimp has on vel, as well as quite a bit more data.. far more data than one gets with measuring fired cases...

the entire world of EXTERNAL ballastics is opened up...

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
An accurate rifle.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about, sharing your time and your world with her! tu2
Barry
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
My automatic case resizer on the right.

Posts: 52 | Location: Midwester | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Mine is an old heavy base Herters powder trickler

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2840 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote