New
Find
Notify
Tools

585 AHR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently acquired some headstamped 585 AHR brass for my display boards. .585" bullets will not fit. The necs mic .580"
Anyone have some .580" bullets I could buy. I'd only be looking for 20. I only have 5 pieces of brass, but if I can get the bullet issue worked out there are more available.
Thanx for your help

cwhuntsalot

Posts: 42 | Location: Redwood Coast Ca | Registered: 19 December 2022Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
It is just sized brass, isn't it?

Just seat the bullet in reloading press or any other suitable press or use any other appropriate method.

Just my opinion.
Jiri

Posts: 2104 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Is this an especially rare bird? For some reason my googling 585 only brings up the Nyati.

The bullet there appears to measure .585" but as it evolved from the .577 NE and shares its diameter, we see that calibre nomenclature can often be nominal, sometimes weirdly so as in the 38 Special. In the case of old-timers, rifle bores and grooves could also vary greatly. I seem to recall that the groove diameters of some Martini-Henry .577/.450 rifles could be .465" or larger, which might help explain H&H's response when the .450" bore was banned in some colonies.

Posts: 5043 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
ask bitterroot, a poster here - he owned AHR and invented the round -
basically it's a better, but like, 585 nyati, with a different neck, shoulder, and rim diameter, but it IS a .585 bullet

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39164 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote