New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon, again....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I felt it was my duty to report on a recent experience with Dillon. I had a problem with my old RL450 progressive press. A screw holding the bellcrank arm kept backing out, causing the arm to flip a small, plastic cube which operates the powder bar across the room. I e-mailed Dillon about my problem and got an immediate response that "no charge parts are on their way." Friday (about 3 days later), my parts arrived, including 2 bellcrank cubes and the upgraded (RL550) attachment screw with bushing and lock nut. I put it all together and cranked out a couple hundred rounds of .45 ACP without a hitch.

THANKS DILLON FOR YOUR GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Now, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you to buy a Dillon the next time you're looking for a reloading press, but....wait...yes, I am.

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mkane, I keep telling people that Dillon's are about the only progressive press people should even consider buying. Stuff like you just posted is another reason why.................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dillon and their products.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Ditto to the above; went to Dillon years ago and never looked back. They're the BEST!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Dillon! Mike's no B.S. policy is just that, NO B.S. I have been torturing one of his RL450s since 1983, and have worn out the priming mechanism and one powder measure -all of which was replaced/updated by Dillon. I still use that 450 and have a 550 right next to it.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They convinced me in 1998 when I called them and told them that I had dropped the primer loading tube (on my 17 year old 450B) stepping on it, crushing the end and breaking the plastic tip.

I asked if I could order a replacement and they sent me two new ones (large and small primers) free of charge.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
I called Dillon a couple of months back to order the plastic tips for the primer tubes, that had cracked over the last 10 years of loading. Even though it had been at least 6 years since I had ordered anything, they still had my name and address on file. They sent me 3 each, of all the plastic tips and didn't charge for them. I sell about one press a year for them, when I show my shooting buddies how well the 550 is built and tell them my experience with the No B.S. warranty.

Nashcat

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup, same here. I cracked the clamp on the low primer alarm casting,(plastic). Just tightened it too much, my fault. I called dillon with the part #, they said another one is on it's way! No charge,,, OF COURSE. 3 days later I had it, had to swap the guts out of the old one, but back in business.

Sure you pay more to start with, but the no hassle waurantee is worth it!

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote