New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Place To Buy Dillon?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm rebuilding my reload room, and I'm going to ad a 550. I used to see a used 550 for sale every so often, but rarely now. When I bought new it was always staright from Dillon. Do they have dealers now, or am I wasting my time and better off going straight to Dillon.

Thanks

Gene

Posts: 114 | Location: USA, North Carolina | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
wasting your time .. and if you are going to go with a 550, PLEASE consider waiting a month and buying a 650

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
auto index is the only difference? I'm well used to that, I own 3 SDB's.

Posts: 114 | Location: USA, North Carolina | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked with a Dillon dealer once and asked him about pricing. He said that he had to make an agreement with Dillon to not discount the price but that the advantage of buying from him was that he would have it set up and ready to go and that we could even do some loading on my equipment there in the store before I took it home.

My thinking would be if you have a dealer locally that would help you like the one I mentioned I'd buy from them. Or even if it was just a local store that I wanted to help support. But if you were mail ordering I can't see any reason to order from anyone else than Dillon directly if the price was the same...........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
www.brianenos.com usually.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12712 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great feedback. Looks like your guy can save me the shipping. I have bought straight from Dillon through the ears, and bought several used presses after I found out NO BS wat just that! I lucked up on an ancient Square Deal in a pawn shop,in some "weird caliber" according to the owner. I went to church that weekend. I ended up with a machine in 38 Super for $65! What luck, since that's my favorite round of all. The machine was totally worn out. I called Dillon, spent 30 minutes on their dime going over the entire machine for the FREE parts to fix it, and the salesman suggested I sent the entire machine back for a total rebuild and conversion to a Square Deal B!

They have a lifetime customer in me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why wait a month before buying a 650?

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote