THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Best way to DeCrimp Primer Pockets.....................

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best way to DeCrimp Primer Pockets.....................
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The post on High Volumn 223 loading brought up a question to me, What's the best way to DeCrimp Primer Pockets? I've yet to find an efficient way that didn't annoy me.
I'd thought that the RCBS tool that Swaged them seemed to be the best, at least giving a nice smooth surface but 6 bent stems later I'm thinking it might not be the best way for me.
What's worked for you guys?..............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Call me a hack, but I don't use enough military brass to justify a swager.

A long time ago I picked up a 6 flute 100 degree countersink. Chucked in a drill press at slow rpms it is pretty efficient at removing a large number of crimps. Now if I could only find a warning system to put in my decapping station to let me know when a berdan primed shell sneaks in it might help convince me to use milsurp ammo again!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a hardened steel tool that is hand operated, similar to what Mark is advocating. I just use it. Cheap and effective. I use it while watching TV.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I use a primer pocket uniformer.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you are gonna do a bunch dillon has a swage tool it is about 100.00 but your great grand kids will be using it.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply's. I also read the post Gaillo remembered from when he asked the same question.
It looks like a Dillon tool is in my near future.............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote