Notify
Tools

QuickLoad Problem
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DJM
posted
Hi All

I have quickload version 3.3 and have just discovered that it wont run on Windows 7.

I know that it can be upgraded by sending the orgininal disk and packaging back however I no longer have either due to a leaking roof and resulting flood damage a couple of years back.

So does anyone know of a work around or patch so that I run it on my new Laptop?

Deer Management Training, Mentoring & DSC 2 Witnessing

Please PM or deermanagementservices@gmail.com for details

Dama International: The Fallow Deer Project

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Have a read of this Dave: http://www.techradar.com/news/...-on-windows-7-922313

It's a bit of a slog but persist and try multiple methods, one is bound to work.

If it's really not working you need an emulator but call me and I'll talk you through that one as it can get geeky. Big Grin

/nerd

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Are you aware that you can run Virtual PC in Windows 7? Virtual PC for Windows 7
Go to the link and follow instructions. Then boot up VPC and install or run your programs. I have a couple of programs that won't run in 7 so I use VPC. Works for me.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
call them and they will send it to you for a small charge ...

but, right click on the executable, click trouble shoot compatiblity, and work through both sets of options -- try automatic first .. windows xp, sp2 or sp3 should would

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38640 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I don't remember having much of an issue when I stuck it on my laptop running 7.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Are you aware that you can run Virtual PC in Windows 7? Virtual PC for Windows 7
Go to the link and follow instructions. Then boot up VPC and install or run your programs. I have a couple of programs that won't run in 7 so I use VPC. Works for me.

That's true for 7 Professional or 7 Ultimate. Can it be done on 7 Home Premium?

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just checked my laptop. Basic windows 7 right click and then click troubleshoot campatibility.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JLarsson,

Maybe someone else has had better luck; but No, QL wil not run on Windows 7 Home Premium, at least not on mine.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Try this link compatablity detection
Like Jeff said, Just call the guy in California and pay a small upgrade fee. I did before I found VPC.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My V3.3 runs on my new sony vaio with windows 7 home premium.....I didn't think it would but it does anyway. There are minor font issues, but otherwise fine.....

Call them if you can't make it work,

Good luck,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote