New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 grainers in 223,,,,,,??,how about it,,,,,,,,
 Login/Join

<Roger 4>
posted
Ok fellows,, here is a question for ya..I`ve had a look at the load data from this site for Berger 35 grain bullets,,,just wondering how the Hornady 35 grain would preform with a
1-12 twist rate,,never loaded any 35 gr.yet
but like the looks of 4000fps pretty good.
Any thoughts,,or Load data/experiance with
the Hornadys would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks for the help again,,,,,,,,Roger 4

<Burnt Powder>
posted
Roger 4;

I got a box of them a year or so back, and they didn't shoot for sour beans in anything I tried them in. .22-250, .222, .223. A friend shot some in his Hornet, not too bad! He shoots a 33 gr bullet Hornady made for Remington for a .22 Mag load a couple years back. Lock , Stock, and Barrel had a bunch of reject/overun for abaout $35 @ 1,000 and he got several boxes. It appears as though the short stubby 35 gr was a take off of that bullet under thier own label. Your experience may differ, but I wouldn't waste the powder loading them in anything other than a Hornet!

------------------
Speak softly, but carry a big stick!

<Roger 4>
posted
Thanks Powder Burnt for the info.,,,I`m still looking,,hoping someone has loaded the
Hornady 35 grainers in 223.
I would like to try Benchmark,,but no data,,
and thinking about giving the Rl-7 as used in the data from this site a try.If anyone
has any better load information or experiance with the 35`s in 223 I`d be greatful,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks Roger 4

<maral>
posted
35g Hornady V-max in 223Rem?
I am using vithavuori N-130 powder for this bullet. I got the bullets moly coated and used Federal nickel plated cases and CCI small rifle primers. I use 26g of Vit N-130, but this load is a bit hot, and gave 1275 m/s a Tikka rifle. Pleese start at 23-24g.This bullet at this velocity is the most explosive I have ever seen, but they grouped at less than 1/2" at 100m.

<Roger 4>
posted
Thanks Maral,,,for the Load information.
The Vit.N-130 sounds good if your grouping
around .5 at 100 meters,,your pushing that
35 grainer at 4144fps.,,so as you said
it must very explosive.Ill let you know how mine turn out,,Ill give them a try this weekend,,thanks again,,,,,,,,,,,,,Roger 4

<BMG>
posted
I've tried it before in the .223 with Hornady bullets intended for the Hornet round. I actually had good luck with them as I was looking for a fox load that wouldn't cut them in half like my 55gr Noslers would. I cannot remember the load offhand so I won't post it, but I will get you the info.

<Roger 4>
posted
Thanks BMG for the help,,I was beganing
to think I wouldn`t find any info. It`s
just one of those pet things I would like to work up,I get the "Speed Freak" bug sometimes
and the 223 is just so easy to shoot and load for,,and the speed range so far is like that of the 17 Rem. round ,,or there about.
I`ll wait for your data,,thanks BMG.
Thanks for your help again,,Burnt Powder,and Maral also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Roger 4