THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    There are two types of people who use chronographs....
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There are two types of people who use chronographs....
 Login/Join

<+P>
posted
I�ve done it.

Hit the screens numerous of times.

Hit the display of my Chrono with a 22/308 sabot once.( it died! )

My father killed the second ( ChronoTech ) with 22LR -Remington Yellow jacket HP.

The last one is untouched.

Anders �sterberg

<RobertJ>
posted
Never have shot my own but loaned it out and it came back with a flesh wound, no real damage just cosmetic.
A friend of mine was shooting his bow through it and missed the target completely and killed one of my chickens.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, i shot mine with a 35 remington contender.Hit dead center,took everything but the case.

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya, I put a 375 300 gr thru mine.

Blast............ I placeds a permanent shield in front of the first screen. Those unburnt powder grains come out at incredable speeds and have damaged the workings.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Another trick for alignment, but it only works on a gun that you can bore-sight with the unaided eye:

Pull the bolt or open the action, and bore sight the gun by looking from the heel of the stock so that the target is centered in the bore. Now, leave the rifle in that position and either have a light colored background or a light behind the gun. When you set up your screens, you will see down the bore from the muzzle end if you are looking directly down the bore. Align your screens so that the muzzle points through the screens where you want the bullet to pass.

If you try it, you'll see what I mean. I'm still waiting to hit my screen, though I have blown them over from the muzzle blast on my .450 Watts.

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote