Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy powder
 Login/Join

posted
Well my powder stash is at the stage where I need to re-supplyAs its been over a year since I last bought powder, Who/Where is the cheapest supplier.
Unique & H335 and H322 is what I normally use

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I buy from Graf and Sons.
Low prices, most in stock, fast service.

Posts: 46 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: 30 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kansas ; Powder valley Inc.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are not going to buy a substantial amount, get it locally, but be ready for sticker shock on the prices.
If you are going to buy a substantial amount, Powder Vally, Grafs, Midway, Cabelas , Natchez and others carry it. Order your primers at the same time b/c you will then only have to pay one haz-mat fee.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
1+ for powder valley.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where to buy powder?

That's a good question these days...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you are not going to buy a substantial amount, get it locally, but be ready for sticker shock on the prices.
If you are going to buy a substantial amount, Powder Vally, Grafs, Midway, Cabelas , Natchez and others carry it. Order your primers at the same time b/c you will then only have to pay one haz-mat fee.

+1

More than 4 or 5 pounds and you should order it and pay the hazmat.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+1 on Powder Valley. Great service, nice people. My first option for primers, too. (if they ever get some more in stock)

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count me in for another happy powder valley customer!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love powder valley but their web site must be running off a 1980's commodore pc and using 56k dialup!... effing Slow!!!!

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley Wink

Posts: 16 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I really like Powder Valley as well. If you know another handloader near you, you can order together and share the Hazmat fee. Even if you pay the Hazmat fee yourself, with the price of gas these days, it's still probably more cost effective to have stuff delivered to your door rather than drive some distance to buy it.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're in the Reno, NV area, Scheel's at Exit 20 has tons of delicious stuff. I was in there today. They have small rifle primers for $35 a brick, bullets, powder, .223 ammo by the truckload and the usual handgun ammo right there, right out in the open. I was shocked! Shocked, I say, to see so much bounty when for so long the pickin's been mighty slim.

I bought a machined powder funnel. I've wanted one for a while. I finally broke down and got one for .22 caliber. They are damned nice! The neck of it machined to fit nicely over the neck. The powder fairly flies down the inner sides of it-- no few grains getting caught just where the mouth of the funnel meets the mouth of the case. No static charges keeping a few grains from dropping in. Mine is made by Satern Custom Machining. Contact at (712)362-4991. Cost: thirteen bucks plus tax. Worth every penny...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote