New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hodgdon Discontinuing IMR Enduron Line
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hodgdon is dropping all Enduron powders. 8133 was almost an exact replacement for Retumbo. Bummer.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen the rumors also. I have not been able to find anything official. I have searched sites. The Enduron line of powders was the up and coming thing! Made in a eco friendly way with little or no hazardous waste. They were the future of powders! Temperature stable too boot! Hodgdon does not manufacture any powder, they just buy bulk and package for retail. I am just going to wait and see something from one of the sites and not a copy and paste!

Posts: 752 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon's website lists something along the lines of "Discontinued in 2022" on the description of each of the Enduron line. Seems legit accurate.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If memory serves Enduron was an Australian powder that IMR purchased. I wonder if they would go back to being independent???
I have several loads for using the 4451, good stuff in my 270 and 257 Roberts

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
If memory serves Enduron was an Australian powder that IMR purchased. I wonder if they would go back to being independent???
I have several loads for using the 4451, good stuff in my 270 and 257 Roberts

Perry

General Dynamic Ordnance & Tactical, a Canadian company, is listed as the supplier of the Material Data Safety Sheets for the Enduron powders.
An Australian company provides the Hodgdon 'H' series of powders.

I note the same as Brandon.Gleason has posted that Hodgdons are listing the Enduron powders as discontinued, maybe an issue for the USA with obtaining firearms related stuff from Canada?

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Strange! I just looked at the Hogdgon web site. They are still listed, out of stock, but you can add to your wish list. I can not find anything as discontinued! There is a warning about counterfeit web sites that will take you money!

Posts: 752 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Live Oak:
Strange! I just looked at the Hogdgon web site. They are still listed, out of stock, but you can add to your wish list. I can not find anything as discontinued! There is a warning about counterfeit web sites that will take you money!

Click on the text under the picture of one of the Enduron powders e.g. IMR Enduron 4451 you will see *This product was discontinued 2022* in the Product Overview that opens in that window.

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon has apparently stated that the supplier of the Enduron powders has not been able to reliably supply the powders to them since 2019. Hodgdon decided that if they can’t keep the powders in stock they don’t want to carry them.

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TX Nimrod:
Hodgdon has apparently stated that the supplier of the Enduron powders has not been able to reliably supply the powders to them since 2019. Hodgdon decided that if they can’t keep the powders in stock they don’t want to carry them.

Pot calling the kettle black, Hodgdon haven't been exactly forthcoming with a lot of their own branded powders either. I know they rely on other manufacturers to supply but if they brand them then they should ensure continuity of supply.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
The same for me with 800-X.

I developed a lot of great loads for my .460 Rowland pistol, with 230 gr XTP and 250 gr coated cast bullets.

Also developed shotgun loads, let those loads pressure tested.

Now, it is discontinued. I have last 9 pounds of that powder. What next? Another load development and pressure testing?

In f*/+ing EU, they banned some powder additives few years ago. So I bought all H110 (for 500 S&W) and LilGun (for heavy shotgun loads) available in my country. Because nobody knows if those powders will be allowed or prohibited here because contain "dangerous substances".

I am tired of this.

Jiri

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pot calling the kettle black, Hodgdon haven't been exactly forthcoming with a lot of their own branded powders either. I know they rely on other manufacturers to supply but if they brand them then they should ensure continuity of supply.

So by your logic if Walmart’s formerly reliable supplier runs into hard times and can’t deliver their house-branded products it’s suddenly Walmart’s fault? Cart before the horse dude, Hodgdon’s supplier failed so they are doing what you are demanding they do - droping the brand they can’t keep in stock. Clearly you’ve never managed the supply chain for a large retail business…

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote