Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie and OAL
 Login/Join

posted
I've read as much as I can and still have not found an answer.

My very first 10 reloads were:

Lymans 49th

9mm
124 gr. Berry's HP
3.8 gr. Titegroup
1.075 OAL

As others have mentioned, the chamber in CZ's make you really shorten the OAL with the Berry's HP.

Like others, I did the chamber check and found out I had to shorten the OAL to 1.032 by making a dummy load.

I know that when you shorten the OAL, the pressures go up, but I can't find if shortening it this much would cause too much pressure and blow up my CZ P-01.

No, I have not shot them yet, .

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.

~James Madison

Posts: 6 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 04 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i doubt that the pressure will change much, certainly not enuf to be dangerous

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With that load they should be ok to shoot.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
there was an article, with a pressure gauge, measuring pressure in pistol cases, by changing OAL .. .050 is a HUGE ammount to take a "safe" load, and then not make any adjustments for..

i sure as HELL wouldn't be happy about shooting mid-max rifle loads, and then one come up .05 short ...

you will,100% of the time, have higher peak pressure with a load designed for X and being fired at x-y. (assuming y >0

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I'll be the contrarian here. Small volumn/high pressure rounds respond dangerously to shorter OAL. Especially w/ uberfast powders like TG, there is little room for error. Add to that, you are shooting a plated bullet, which loads closer to a lead bullet than a jacketed one. That puts your 3.8gr of TG running the top end of safe w/ an OAL of 1.110" & you are quite a bit shorter than that. Lyman shows 3.7gr as max for a 120gr lTC @ 1.110" @ 32K cup. IMO< you are running it very hard @ such a short OAL.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
fredj338

I pulled the rounds as I thought they would not safe with the pressure. I can't use these bullets in my CZ, but I can in my S&W.

At least I can still use them. Thanks

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.

~James Madison

Posts: 6 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 04 September 2010Reply With Quote