New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about 6.5x57
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
About what speeds could I expect shooting 140 grain bullets and what powders would be good for this round? I want something new to play with. More then likely I'll be using 7X57 cases and a mauser action.

Posts: 525 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornCartridges Of the Worold has
  • 140 grain bullet, 43.5 grains of IMR4350 yeilding a velocity of 2700 fps.
    If you have minimum info and you are begging to load the 6.5X57 using starting loads from 6.5x55 might be prudent. They really are pretty close as far as case capacity. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..
  •  
    Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of GSSP
    posted Hide Post
    I could be wrong but I think Seafire is probably the most knowledgable about the 6.5x57.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=profile&u=446105161

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    As Roger Said...you can use 6.5 x 55 data pretty interchangably if it is an older Mauser action..

if it is a Modern Higher pressure action, then you can use 260 Remington data...

as always, work up...with heavier bullets on a long action, you can better a 260s velocity, but then again, remember that most 6.5 bore bullets perform best at about 2800 to 2900 fps MV... due to most being designed for the older 6.5 bores from the turn of the last century....

for what it is worth... I prefer to use either Win 257 Roberts +P cases or Win 6mm Rem case and neck up...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    ConfusedVERY INTERESTING!!!! fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote