New
Find
Notify
Tools

416 bullet info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to shoot 350 grainers. Been using the 350 Speer Hotcores. They seem a little tough for the pigs I am shooting. Had the last 4 or 5 with center mass shoulder hits run. Does any body make a moderate priced soft ( opens on thin skin pigs) bullet. I like the 250 grain 375 Sierra Game Kings but Sierra does not make a 416. Hornady stopped making the Interlock in 416. Anybody with experince to share?

Posts: 746 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i've had the opposite experience with these.. WAY too frangible -- in fact, i turned a trash panda corn thief inside out, once, with this bullet ...

drop down 200 fps or go with 400gr "whatevers" -- the old style hornadys are SOFT, but do amazing things on hogs..

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a few pigs and deer with 416 350gr mag tips they should be a bit tougher then the hot cores.

Dead pigs unless you are breaking bones animals tend to run a bit. You didn't say how far they ran.

If you only break one shoulder a critter can run on three legs with out to much trouble.

Only a CNS hit well you drop them on the spot brain them cut the spinel cord. A animal well or can run a ways.

I shot pigs with up to 460WBY even those that didn't break major bones or did a CNS hit ran a ways.

Move your aiming point a little to make sure you are hitting bone.

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hawk bullets in either 300 or 350 grain. You can get them with a .025 thick jacket.

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of original Barnes 300gr with .49 jackets they should work good.

Brought them cheap for blasting maybe I'll have to shoot something alive with them

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/724958083

these would be cheap pig killer's

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote