THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Where oh where are the Hornady 416 Rigby cases??

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where oh where are the Hornady 416 Rigby cases??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am not mad, pissed, angry or anything besides just plain bummed. Like most everyone else here I have been waiting patiently since the 416 Rigby brass was announced, what, two years ago?

The listed prices are pretty low, as is often the case for vapor ware. I am getting along fine with my stash of A-Squared, Jamison and Norma, but I had hoped to be able to try the Hornady sometime in my life.

Not expecting anything to change for the better here, just venting a little bit.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LD,

Have to agree and join you in venting....I have Never seen anybody have them in stock since they were announced...I bought two boxes of factory loaded ammo just to get some cases to try out...I though things were easing up a bit on components....maybe soon???

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I posted about a week ago that Midway had Hornady .416 brass in stock again...I got 4 more boxes, don't know if they have any left though.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2765 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy458:
I posted about a week ago that Midway had Hornady .416 brass in stock again...I got 4 more boxes, don't know if they have any left though.

They don't. They won't until mid-August.

I don't understand what the deal is. Whenever I'd have occasion to stop by Bass Pro in Grapevine I'd buy however many boxes they had on the shelf. I wasn't the only one; a lot of times that shelf was empty. That is, it was empty until they no longer carried the product. Now there's not even a space left for .416 Rigby brass.

Stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't it good business sense to keep making the product that flies off the shelf?

Posts: 8938 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is weird,

The only examples of their expanded brass line that I have never been able to get are the 416 Rigby and the 9,3x62. Oh yeah, the 6.5 Grendel seems to usually read Not In Stock

Oh well, there are other girls to dance with. are other

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I've ordered, well, a BUNCH of them from midway and grafs, over time .. and all my headstamped 500ar is hornady basic..

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote