THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Does anyone still manafacture 222 rem mag cases?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone still manafacture 222 rem mag cases?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
And would anyone know where I could get hold of some?

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1894:

In spite of your continuing slurs against Americans(LOL, I'm kidding, I think), I made a phone call for you and came up with the following:

1) Remington is still producing .222 Rem Mag brass

2) Blue Star Reloading of Searcy, Arkansas--phone 501 268 6442 has about 500 pieces in stock, for US$20.40/100 or US$98.40/500. With the stupid US export laws regarding brass we have you may be restricted in what you can order, but you will have to take it from here.

I didn't check to see if Midway has them or not, but they might as well. Blue Star are good people to deal with, but I don't know how up they are on exporting. It is America and Arkansas, after all. PS that is a Texan joking. Hope this helps. CAT

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, as Gato says, Remington still makes it, although their production runs may be infrequent these days. Most of my stock is Herter's, acquired about 30 years ago, and imported from Sweden. I also have some Sako headstamps. Have you enquired to see if they still make it?

By the way, if push comes to shove, you can theoretically fireform a usable case by seating a bullet out to engage the lands (in effect headspacing the cartridge) in .223 brass. This would create a very short-necked case which I would only use as a last resort.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<jac>
posted
222 magnum cases are made by Remington, and easily available from either Sinclair or Midway.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo and everyone,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart - I've rather set my heart on this little number, the dummy round just looks so (as you guys would say) 'neat'

I think my one transgression re criticising you guys was the Churchill misquote in the Miscallaneous What's the Deal with Drunken Americans and that was merely a joke - if you look earlier in the thread you'll see I come to your defence in my reply to Mats.

Anyhow I really appreciate this help, I shall be placing an order soon.

[This message has been edited by 1894 (edited 08-03-2001).]

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1894:

Didn't see your Churchill (mis)quote, so I'm not in a position to be offended.

But bringing up Churchill reminds me of a story that my British Common Law course professer in college told:

Chruchill, who never shied away from strong drink, made an appearance to speak to a group of ladies. He was pretty "far along" in the course of the day, and was accosted by one of the ladies:

"Mr. Churchill!", she said "You are drunk. You are very, very drunk!"

"Yes, madam", he replied. "I am so. And you are ugly. Very, very ugly. In the morning, however, I shall be sober and your condition will be unchanged."

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote