New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 Bullberry???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for load data for a 35 Bullberry in a 20" barrel. Would appreciate some velocity data as well. Which do you recommend: neck up 30-30 brass or neck down 375 Win brass? Also, if anyone has or knows of a drawing of this round it would be greatly appreciated. Shoot, I'm open to any info/light you can shed. Thanks,
Alan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many people throught the years,have ideas and want to come up with there own wildcat.They want there name on something!some guys are lucky and many others in time want it,and they become popular.And even into the production lines of manufacturers.It would be a lifetime task to have a book with all the cartridges desilgned put in one book. I never heard of this cartridge,but i have this idea for you. A reamer had to be made by a person or company to cut the chamber.But the most important is that a set of reloading dies had to be made.They could have been made by a person or by a company. I would suggest on contacting RCBS in Oroville calif. They would have a llist of all the dies they have made,as they would have the dim. of reamers used for this case to make the dies. Just in case someone special ordered these dies again.Contact them and ask them,thats all i can thinkn of. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alan,

Check out www.bullberry.com. They made the catridge, the'll have plenty of info on it. An uncle of mine that likes to experiment with Contenders had a .35 Bullberry and it gave him .5" groups consistently at 100yds. I believe that he was necking up 30-30 brass. Good luck.

Life's too short to carry a gun that you hate!

Posts: 46 | Location: In Pennsylvania, wishing for more Silhouette Matches and friendly, woodchuck hating, Farmers in the geographic center of the state. | Registered: 04 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd neck down 375 winchester brass. It's more expensive than 30-30 brass, but there is a little more meat in the case head.

The 35 Bullberry is a cartridge that should have been offered in a factory lever gun. One could shoot 35 caliber pistol bullets for plinking or rifle bullets for hunting.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote