New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trading Brass
 Login/Join

<'Trapper'>
posted
Just wondering if everyone out there islike myself and has some brass in a caliber that we no longer load for. I would like to have way to be able to list/trade with others, perhaps do all a favor by doing so. Just to start things going, I can tell you that I have a quantity of the following I would like to trade for something I could use.
243 Winc
250 Savage
270 Winch
308 Winch
7MM Rem Mag
300 Winc Mag
On the other hand, I can always use 30-06 as I load and shoot hundreds of rounds of it, 375 H&H, 8X57 Mauser, etc.
Just a thought and I would like to see if anyone else is interested.
Best regards,

------------------
'Trapper'

<Long Shot>
posted
A good concept, but probably a bad idea. You would be taking someone's word about how many times the brass had been reloaded, you wouldn't know how many times it had been trimmed, if it had been loaded hot or mild, etc.

<PowderBurns>
posted
Yeah, except that lots of reloaders don't care how many times the brass has been fired or trimmed or whatever.

It's possible to check cases for "head stretch" and other problems. Possible to anneal the brass.

I shoot almost exclusively range pick-ups in my handguns--striaght wall stuff that I shoot until it splits. But in my bolt action varmint gun it's all fire formed brass from the same lot.

Mil-Surp guns get mil-surp ammo -- some of it 60 years old.

------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loading Forum:

www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mirage?who=powderburns