Notify
Tools

Is the CO/AX NLA?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lost Sheep:

By the way, I recommended both the Lee Classic Turret and the Forster to the OP in his original thread.

Yea... I wasn't going to look at the press until I started talking to you...

Then, I also got to check out a Classic Turret, and you are right, It seems pretty well built, and the price can not be beat. I think I might see one of those in my basement too at some point.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am using a Lyman "T Max" for most, the "O" Lyman for my dedicated universal deprimer, and the Forester for special loads. It is a fine press--thanks for the tip on the shorter handle. Will have to get one. I load in steps but having dies still sitting ready is a plus in case of a missed round or mistake. I hand prime after resizing/cleaning of pocket and flash hole. Easy to hit the front and rear just a touch with the reamer. Then powder--inspect level, and then "boolitize"-lol.

Posts: 25 | Location: South piedmont N.C. | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, after a two month wait has finally came to a end. The UPS man dropped me off a present.

I have not had a chance to load on it yet. Maybe this weekend I can give her a run.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great stuff! Congrats on your new toy!

I apply a bit of oil to all moving parts (including the "guiding rods" - for lack of a better term) from time to time, and wipe off the excess. I'm not sure it is necessary, but would like to keep my beloved CoAx rust free and running smoothly for years to come.

It is possible that large primers will get caught in the tube guiding spent primers to the spent primer reservoir. It happens on my press from time to time. I keep a knitting needle on hand, and the issue is cleared up in less than a minute.

Forster dies are probably my favourites, and their die lock rings are good, but you have to watch the set screws. They are made of aluminium and should be treated with a bit of caution. If you prefer a steel ring/screw, Hornady's die lock rings also work well. Other die lock rings may be a bit on the thin side, and may allow too much die movement in the die slide-in slot of the press.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote